Bamboo flooring.

Bullet

Dose anyone have bamboo flooring in their house? The wife and I found some we like but are hearing bad things about bamboo drying out and cracking as well as other issues. We are going to use engineered flooring. Half the suppliers I've talked to don't carry it anymore due to issues. The other half that have it say I won't have any problems if it's glued down. Let me know your experience. I am also looking for an installer. I am in a bit of a time crunch so I don't have time (or skill) to do it myself.

mighty midjet

I had engineered/laminate flooring in my house. The kind that is basicly a vinyl sticker over HDF. Compleat S@#t. It would buckle when we ran the dishwasher. If the dog's drool would land on it, it would bubble and stain. Had a bar stool leave a scratch in it and there was basically no way to repair it. Would never recommend it to anybody. It was in the house when I bought it so I don't know the brand or the age of it.

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Engineered hardwood is a thin layer of hardwood over plywood base. Looks just like hardwood. Other then the typical scratches you get with hardwood. Ours is great. Laminate is the synthetic plastic stuff. Some Is better then others. Pergo seems pretty good

Bullet

I think I found the one I want to go with. It's a Shaw hickory with a hand scraped low gloss finish. It's an engineered product but haven't found out how thick the wear layer is. It's a is made product so it should meet environmental standards. Hope it will hide scratches well.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Ours you can see deep scratches if the light hits it. Just like my experience with real hardwood. We keep a stain pen around to touch up stain scratches, super easy