Banks Monster Ram Intake Information/thoughts

ID Bronco

I have a 2021 6.7 Cummins 60K miles. It runs fine, no complaints, but after receiving the brochure from Banks I'm wondering if it's really something that I should address and is there a significant increase in power and/or reliability. I'm not an engine guru, so keep it easy for me to follow please. At $1128.00 I would like some opinions.

20241020_080006 (1).jpg20241020_075950 (1).jpg

1969honda

Supporting Member
I believe Glacier Diesel Performance also has a similar grid heater delete kit for less? Not 100% sure on pricing though. The Pusher intake horns might be another option with a screw in Duramax style heating element.

Beware I have read the Banks provided #1 injector line is prone to cracking/ leaking. Might be worth grabbing a spare if you order their kit, the stock #1 line doesn't fit with their big intake.

Agility Customs

Vendor
If your looking for performance gains you wont notice it at all. if you want to avoid the grid heater issues its a great although expensive option

ID Bronco

If your looking for performance gains you wont notice it at all. if you want to avoid the grid heater issues its a great although expensive option
My intent is not gains, I like it the most reliable/stock I can keep it. I just want to avoid the problem. This looks like my kind of option. Thoughts?

Pile of parts

My intent is not gains, I like it the most reliable/stock I can keep it. I just want to avoid the problem. This looks like my kind of option. Thoughts?

Great... I watched the video and now I'm nervous about a problem I didn't know I could have with my truck. I guess I'll have to look into this too.

shortstraw8

I recently bought the banks, design and tests looked good so hopefully notice improvement somewhere with less restriction. I also liked the idea it seems easier to remove if needed and the bd kit still seemed like the nut/bolt combo at the grid could loosen over time with heat cycles? Maybe not and probably don't need the heater anyway unless I find a way to move to alaska soon.

I have read a few forums and most suggest changing the crankcase vent at the same time if you don't know that it has been done since you will be right there.