Basement water proofing

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
With today’s massive down pour I need to do something about a little water getting into my basement. Anyone know of a good company who does basement waterproofing??

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Two words, Sump Pump

and a bunch more... make sure downspouts drain away from the foundation. make sure the yard slopes away from the foundation.
I had to go sump pump because it was ground water coming up, not rain going down (actually I did have an issue with rain once but re-routed the downspout.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I’ve done the spouts and landscaping so it’s not a huge issue. I get a little water in from what I'm guessing around the main water line coming in through the foundation. Only happens when it’s just a downpour like today.
I probably could do a Phill Swift with his rubber in a can but was looking for a professional to do it right and permanent.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
what they might try to sell you on could be what I've seen on some home improvement shows.. excavate around the entire house to apply the membrane to the exterior of the foundation wall, with drain tiles at the bottom, or similar inside, with breaking up the floor to install the drain.
That's the kind of stuff you have to do if there's lots of hydrostatic pressure from a high water table (basically build a boat hull) but that does not sound like your case. Yours seems to be water moving through to a lower place but finds the gaps around your water pipe. Maybe rubber in a can is a good solution here. But yes, call a pro.