BBQ Trailer; This One Legal?

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
I am down in Texas right now so I am not sure if this applies to Utah, but I like this board so much I still visit almost every day. :)

I saw this BBQ trailer today and it really surprised me. It almost looks like they took a trailer axle, and bolted on what I guess to be a 2" ball hidden under the cover. I can only assume its to keep it level for wherever they go (not worry about truck hitch height). I think the cover over the hitch of the 2nd (?) trailer is to keep it hidden that its actually a second trailer. To me, this would be classified as a double-pull setup. Thoughts?

Attachments

• BBQ_Pit_Trailer-Interesting_Front.jpg
    BBQ_Pit_Trailer-Interesting_Front.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 70

Chevycrew

I dont think it would be any different that a converter dolly used for big rigs.

Its just a 2 axle trailer that pivots...

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Knowing how the small cooker, either he has a small spot in a parking lot or does move around alot. This is a good idea. Sucks for backing up, but great if he needs to move the trailer around without a truck. And he doesn't have to lower a jack all the time and such. Ive seen someone pull a 5th wheel with a dolly like this. I wouldn't want to pull like this.