Behind the Rocks, wait, Poison Spider....er, How about Cliffhanger

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
...looks like you had alot of fun, sorry about the break though.

I did have fun for a day. I'm not a good passenger seat person and my associates didn't want to really run any trails :rolleyes:. We kind of let our kids run the show yesterday and they chose to go buy T-shirts (I picked up a really nice loofa and some lovely body wash) instead of having fun on the trails.

Damage summary:

D300 output shaft
Waggy front spring (probably due to being PULLED up a 3' ledge instead of driving up it)
25 amp "Ignition" fuse
Taurus fan (it "bumped" the water pump pulley at some point in the recovery)

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
This,

800-IMG_0452.jpg

is exactly what happened to my 300 last Safari. But I've beat the piss out of mine for years, and it was stock. Now I have the Tera HD output, and I may at some point add the LoMax gears, but I love my 300 and how well it has held up! There's no way I can see to justify replacing a 300 with the an 2 speed Atlas.

Bart

By the title of the thread I thought for sure you'd broken another spring. Thank goodness it was just your t-case. : )

I know a lot of people running the built 300s behind V8 power, but if possible I would suggest the Atlas or Stak, even if just a lowly 2 speed like I had to settle for.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
By the title of the thread I thought for sure you'd broken another spring. Thank goodness it was just your t-case. : )

I know a lot of people running the built 300s behind V8 power, but if possible I would suggest the Atlas or Stak, even if just a lowly 2 speed like I had to settle for.

I did break another spring. (bent, actually) It didn't enjoy being pulled up another ledge.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Purchased. I hope to install Wednesday or Thursday night?

The install wasn't too bad, and I've never been in a t-case before. Just be careful with the roller bearings, or whatever they're called, they kinda suck and there's a ton of them. We used a 15/16 deep wall to hold them in place until you slide in the intermediate shaft.