best internet in the SLC area?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'll add a bit more info on the century link fiber which is what I currently have.

So I was pitched that each house has a separate fiber connection from their house to the node. So this is supposed to be beneficial in that at high use times you get your own connection straw to the punch bowl rather than sharing it with all the other houses on the street. You don't compete for your connection. I think this can be a good thing depending on what your actual speeds are during those peak times. If it drops down to kbps than you would want your own line to the node, but if you drop from 50 mbps down to 30 during peak I don't see it being a problem. I think that anything really over 7 mbps is sufficient. (if you have 5 people in your family and all are streaming netflix at the same time you might lag though.)

My problem is the term of the promo period and what the rate goes to after that period ends. It seems century link likes 6 month promos and comcast likes 12 month promos. I was happy with my comcast speeds and only switched for $$$.

We need gFiber statewide....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have had digis for close to 4 yrs now and they upgraded me to the 15mbps plan I get 15-16 down and 2-4 up all day and night... my son is a big gamer and never had any problems. I pay $54 a month and there is no promotional up and down pricing. while the snow was falling heavy today my speeds did drop down to 8mbps...

I am currently doing centurylink upgrades for an insurance company in all of their offices and they are only getting the 40 meg plans....

skeptic

I really dislike Comcast (the company), and at the end of April I'm canceling my TV service and going Internet only (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant video). I had their residential Internet, but it was flaky and pretty terrible customer service. I work remote 100% and I have to have reliable Internet so I switched to Comcast Business Class. Business class service >>>>> residential service, but when they came out to convert me over they discovered all my reliability issues were due to an incorrect install by the residential installer. I stuck with Business class for other reasons, but ultimately as much as I dislike Comcast I do believe they are the best option for Internet around here.