Best tire shop?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Looking to buy a new set for my truck today. Les Schwab is where I’ve been going for years, but their prices seem to be outrageous for everything. Where is everyone going for tires?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Tire Rack. But I'm able to mount and balance my own tires.
I think Discount has a deal with them though, where if you buy you're tires from Tire Rack, Discount will mount them for free or cheap?

Discount Tire owns Tire Rack fwiw.
Yup. I normally use Discount on 5600w because they're close, the manager wheels, and they haven't screwed anything up too badly yet. I ordered my last set from Tire Rack because Discount didn't have that exact tire, then took 'em down to Discount anyway. When dude found I'd ordered them from Tire Rack he set it up with free flat repair and rotations for life, just like I'd bought them from Discount. They still charged for mount and balance though.

Last edited:

NYCEGUY01

Ive learned that if you use the discount tire store on Ebay you can put the set you want in your cart but dont buy them.
Give it several days and they will then make you an offer.
A couple times it has been just OK but a couple times its been a good discount, like a couple hundred off a set.
They discounted the 40's I bought recently and then emailed me a Coupon for ebay for another $200 off if I spent over $1000.
Ended up being a decent deal for the set