Best XJ Lift Kit

ewander

Well, I'm still in Iraq, but the jeeping madness continues. I have decided to sell my YJ and build an XJ. With a new addition to the family a month ago, the room is an issue and I need something to think about/design while I am over here.

Basic ideas so far:

6" lift of some type (I would like ideas)
Dana 60 rear (I already have this....or at least my brother-in-law has one that he will give me), detroit
Dana 30 front with 297 u-joints, lunchbox, warn shafts
Rusty's steering
HD SYE
some type of rocker guards
35" tires, plenty of fender trimming

Any ideas for the best lift are appreciated.

Eric

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by ewander
Well, I'm still in Iraq, but the jeeping madness continues. I have decided to sell my YJ and build an XJ. With a new addition to the family a month ago, the room is an issue and I need something to think about/design while I am over here.

Basic ideas so far:

6" lift of some type (I would like ideas)
Dana 60 rear (I already have this....or at least my brother-in-law has one that he will give me), detroit
Dana 30 front with 297 u-joints, lunchbox, warn shafts
Rusty's steering
HD SYE
some type of rocker guards
35" tires, plenty of fender trimming

Any ideas for the best lift are appreciated.

Eric

why the D60? They are big and there are other alternatives out there----{typing with a splint sucks} Ford 8.8 is pretty beefy. (unless the 'free' thing is th motive)

kind of tough to go wrong with RE kits.....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I agree with Marc.

The 60 must be readily accessable, especially if your matching it with the 30 front. Sometimes I wish I had a d60 rear, but I still haven't broken my loaded d44. Which is quite odd.
spock.gif

But you know who to talk to when it comes to cherokee suspensions (Matt). He's done a good job with his. I don't know if he still has it though. I haven't seen him in a while. :cool:

utahxjer

I have heard nothing good about Rusty's steering conversion. I have some of his stuff, but not the steering kit.