General Tech BFGoodrich KM3 Mud Terrain

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone else been waiting for and following the upcoming BFGoodrich KM3? I've been trying to find out when they're releasing them, haven't found much other then speculation that they'll be out in Spring of 2018. BFG has been very tight-lipped on these tires, they've had some testing with media folks not long ago (on Rattlesnake, of all places!) and those folks were told not to photograph/share the tread design.

http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/tech/bfgoodrich-km3-mudterrain-tire-testing-54462.html

Trail-BFGoodrich-KM3-Mud-Terrain-Secret-Testing-5-27-16.jpg

Since the Rattlesnake trip, the Baja 1000 has been ran and it looks like the KM3 was shown on Rob MacCachren’s prerunner and plenty of pics were taken! It looks to be about what you'd expect from BFG, similar to the KM2 but with improvements in the tread on the shoulder, tweaks in the tread block layout and additional siping. I hear that the sidewall is thicker, too. I'm looking forward to the release, would love a set of 37" KM3's on my Willys!

http://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/spotted-all-new-bfgoodrich-km3-seen-in-baja/

2017-05-25_16-00-08.jpg

2017-05-25_16-00-15.jpg

2017-05-25_16-02-19.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I loved my KM2's, but as they wear they get super loud. El Tacoma Esperma Diablo doesn't have the sound deadening of it's more SUVish Toyota brethren.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
KM2s are my favorite MT, but that additional siping is welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what sizes it'll be available in.

DAA

KM2s are my favorite MT, but that additional siping is welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what sizes it'll be available in.

So I haven't followed the links or looked at any other pictures. I do have some of what it was supposed to have looked like when it was supposed to have shipped three years ago. And some of what it was supposed to have looked like when it was supposed to have shipped two years ago.

But, anyway... Just looking at the pics Greg posted, that tire has less siping than the KM2. Not more? That's if you want to call the divided tread blocks siping, but if you don't call that siping, then the tire has no siping anyway... But in the pics above, the outside lugs have none. The KM2's have the divided tread every other block on the outside rows.

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So does anyone know when these might be available to the public? i need to purchase in the next two months and these would be a preferred option

No idea. I'm not sure how BFG launchs their products, but the timing could be right for public launch during EJS.

ID Bronco

Every tire I have purchased for the last 12 years has had additional siping done to them. It helps so, so much. On all my offroad tires I sipe the middle 3/4 and leave the outer blocks alone. It helps in every situation, and leaving the outside alone does not have considerable chunking. I love BFG's but because of price I have not chosen them the last few times.