Big changes coming for my family

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So selling the JK is still a must. I might have to cut my price down after I get it running again because I actually need to move it pretty quick. We had our first appointment for our new baby today and apparently he has an issue digesting protein so we have to switch to the super expensive formula and there is no way I can afford that and the Jeep.

Other news, I got an assignment today. I'll be leaving for Daegu AB, Korea in December for 12 months. On my return my family and I will likely be headed overseas for 4-5 years before returning to whatever base the AF deems necessary.

So the new plan is to sell the JK as soon as possible after I can make it run and pick up a mildly built XJ to add some minor mods to to have something to wheel for the next 9 months or however long it is at that point.

When I get to Korea I'll probably try to find myself a Jeep to wheel over there with the local clubs. I haven't dug too deep into what there is to offer of there but I have seen a few pictures of GI's wheeling their Jeeps over there.

I'm looking forward to this new chapter in life and I still have plenty of time to prepare and make sure I get at least one more trip in with the people that have meant a lot to me on this forum. And I'm way too addicted to RME to ever give it up so I'll be a lifer here even if I'm not around the area anymore.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
wow,
Good luck with the kiddo,
Good luck with your next assignment,
and thanks for your service.

and wish I had the bux to buy your rig

-Eric

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
wow,
Good luck with the kiddo,
Good luck with your next assignment,
and thanks for your service.

and wish I had the bux to buy your rig

-Eric

Thanks Eric. Right now nobody wishes they had the money to buy my rig because the damned thing won't even start but that should all be sorted out soon enough.

After the new formula we can already tell Travis is doing better.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Glad to hear the formula is making the kiddo feel better, that's number 1.

Sorry to hear you're going on another deployment and then moving but I'm glad it's something you are excited about! I'll be here to go wheeling when you get back.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Glad to hear the formula is working..
There is no kind of pain like watching your kid hurting and wishing you could take it for them...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Does he have PKU? If so I have a friend with several siblings who can't eat protein. Her mom sells a bunch of non protein food stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
PKU is next week we will see then, he is just barely a week and a half today. I'll be sure to update this once it's done. Any help would be appreciated.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Pick up a Kia Retona over there and wheel it. They look like a ton of fun!

I'll look into that for sure. I'm actually looking forward to posting up some off road Korea adventures. Daegu is one of the few bases I'd be allowed to drive a care of my own so something cool and unique to wheel will be and awesome idea for sure.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Either 2k W or 20K W and won is an almost 1-1000 exchange so 1000 won is 1 dollar. Prices are actually really easy to figure out over there unless they post a price like W2

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So at 3k LBS that Retona is looking sweet at 83 HP and 193 LBS of torque on a turbocharged IFS setup. Should be a pretty fun little wheeler.

Edit: oh yeah Diesel like everything should be.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow, those are quite substantial changes. Good on ya for having such a great attitude about it and looking for ways to make it work for you. How many people can say they were part of a Jeep club in Korea :cool:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Wow, those are quite substantial changes. Good on ya for having such a great attitude about it and looking for ways to make it work for you. How many people can say they were part of a Jeep club in Korea :cool:

There's no other way to go about it really. In reality it sets my AF retirement plan into motion which is what I wanted. On the wheeling side you are absolutely right. I probably will never get another chance to go wheeling with a bunch of guys in Korea so it's a once in a lifetime chance so I better take advantage.

rholbrook

My youngest had the same problem. I am going to PM you my number so you can call me for some advice on how we got through this.

As far as your new assignments go....I am excited for you.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Best of luck with the little one, Brian. With a dad like you at his back, I'm sure he'll be fine.

dutchman

KI7KSV
Only wheeled with you a couple times, but enjoyed wheeling with you. Best of luck with all those changes!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk