BLM building fences along Escalator

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
If I have a permit/sticker, can I go in the back way or is it one-way only? I don't get a big kick out of the domed slickrock and like to go in the back way up to the tubs and then back out again. I will change my route if necessary. It is way cool that they left the optional obstacles open.

That's a good question, and I don't know the answer. I'll try to remember to ask BLM and let everyone know.

still need help up there if so let me know but i'll have to ride with someone mines still down(as you know why ) just let me know.

derek

Derek, we are going to meet at the BLM office (82 E. Dogwood) at 8:15 Wednesday morning. As long as we have enough material, I'm sure we will be able to finish everything in a few hours. If you (or anyone else) is available, we would more than welcome the help!

Jeff

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Jeff is right, it would have been MUCH easier to close both obstacles. I was out there with everybody on Sunday and the fences are very well placed, they do not hamper the trail in any way but mostly just keep people out of the vegetative areas where they don't need to be anyway. I have no complaints about them doing it, or how it was done.

Just remember that it is now OUR responsibility as the users to maintain the fences and encourage others to stay on the trail. The BLM/Sand Flats reps told us if the fences are vandalized or disregarded, the Escalator and Hell's Gate WILL BE CLOSED!!!

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
drtsqrl said:
Derek, we are going to meet at the BLM office (82 E. Dogwood) at 8:15 Wednesday morning. As long as we have enough material, I'm sure we will be able to finish everything in a few hours. If you (or anyone else) is available, we would more than welcome the help!

Jeff

I'm in moab now with some guys, we might be able to take some time and help out. It's not set in stone right now, but as for myself I'd like to help out.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Wanker Delux said:
I'm in moab now with some guys, we might be able to take some time and help out. It's not set in stone right now, but as for myself I'd like to help out.

That'd be great, just be at the BLM office at 8:15 Wednesday morning.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Hells Revenge work
Workin2.jpg

Workin.jpg

BadTracks.jpg

JeffTree.jpg

LumberWgns.jpg

Fence.jpg