BLM RAC appointment

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
We need to get someone on the RAC. Is there a RME person out there that would apply?
I will try again this year so I need as many letters as possible to add to my nomination package. Would appreciate one from RME. If you need help as to what to say I can post up some examples. The only other person I know that is trying for the RAC is Evan Day of the rock hounds.

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:26 PM
To: j4x4jj@comcast.net
Subject: RAC Vacancy Announcement

Hi Jack:

Please share this with those who may have an interest in applying.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/info/newsroom/2012/january/blm_seeks_nominations.html
Click on the link above

The due date for the nomination package is March 12. The nomination forms are also on the website.

Thanks
Sherry

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Jack, do you know how often this board meets? I'd be interested in helping if it's a quarterly meeting or something. I'm not sure if I'd fit in a category. I'm a Caucasian male.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I understand your pain. They met 4 times in 2011 and 2 times in 2010. They are supposed to meet quarterly per their posting. Please give it a try as we only have one ally, Frank White, there now.

This is a posting of some info I did recently:
I talked to Sherry Foot at the BLM today and quite frankly she was not too helpful. Basically she said to fill out the form and have good letters of recommendation but every time I suggested someone as a possible letter writer it was "that's ok" but no enthusiasm. The gal I talked to in DC said it was a local issue and Sherry intimated that Juan Palma and the Governor's representative John Harja (801-537-9802 which may be changing) made the decision. The last two OHV reps have been business owners.

The bottom line; Fill out the form, list as many as possible positions you could fulfill and your experience that backs that up, get as many letters of recommendation as possible from many different sources.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Might be something I consider but time is premium and paying work has to come first. I am hoping to meet with Juan Palma later this month in regards to Notom, etc. We breifly spoke of the RAC in my previous 'landuse' meetings earlier this month, seems I could offer some pretty 'balanced' recomendations given my recent willingness to meet with interested parties.