BLM RAC Nomination

e28bimmer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,
So most of you know that GRE, Inc and its members have been actively fighting what the BLM has been doing in many respects, and striving to keep all land open for exploration and use.
(This line, just in case I have ever been unclear)
I was recently approached to submit to the BLMs Resource Advisory Council. My understanding is that this gives a bit more input into what is done with the land and who has access. My interest in this, again, is to keep land open and accessible and preserve the historic sites such as mines and mining camps that dot the entire state of Utah.
One of the caveats of this is that I need two letters of recommendation or support by local organizations. Such as U4WDA.
So consider this a request to the members of U4WDA. Im sure there is some discussion that will need to go on, but if the executives of U4WDA could take the time to write a letter of recommendation it would go a long way towards getting GRE to a place where we can flex some more influence.
The submissions are due by April 13th so I would need something in hand by the end of March (April 10th)
I opened this here, to see if anyone has any opposition to this or any issues with GRE being put in this type of position.
Thanks for your input.

SloPoke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,
So most of you know that GRE, Inc and its members have been actively fighting what the BLM has been doing in many respects, and striving to keep all land open for exploration and use.
(This line, just in case I have ever been unclear)
I was recently approached to submit to the BLMs Resource Advisory Council. My understanding is that this gives a bit more input into what is done with the land and who has access. My interest in this, again, is to keep land open and accessible and preserve the historic sites such as mines and mining camps that dot the entire state of Utah.
One of the caveats of this is that I need two letters of recommendation or support by local organizations. Such as U4WDA.
So consider this a request to the members of U4WDA. Im sure there is some discussion that will need to go on, but if the executives of U4WDA could take the time to write a letter of recommendation it would go a long way towards getting GRE to a place where we can flex some more influence.
The submissions are due by April 13th so I would need something in hand by the end of March (April 10th)
I opened this here, to see if anyone has any opposition to this or any issues with GRE being put in this type of position.
Thanks for your input.
Corey,
Let's discuss what needs to be in the letter... I want to make sure that this letter highlights your qualifications for RAC, not just says that U4 endorses you. I've sent you an e-mail with my contact information. Tonight is a good time for me to get started on this.

Steve Edmunds,

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Corey, that's awesome, I'm with Tacoma, speaking for myself, you have my support.

Good luck and let me know how I can help.
Bear