BLM requesting volunteers for trail maintenance March 28th

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
BLM_Invite_zpsyxqi16kx.png

Apparently this went out on U4WDA's Facebook? Not sure what would have been wrong with an email or maybe a forum post, but whatever.

There's a new travel plan in the works for the Swell, this is a huge opportunity to show the BLM that we care and are invested. Several of us from the DesertRunners club will be there, can anyone else join us?

OB1

I'm thinking of helping out with this. Never been in this area of Utah before and would like to check it out and do some good while there. My wife works Saturdays so I'll have an empty seat if anyone would like to join me. I could also meet up with anyone heading there.

Kevin B.

OB1, we'll be camped at the Wedge Friday night, you'd be welcome to join us there or meet us down at Buckmaster Saturday morning. We'll be driving Black Dragon afterwards and camping Saturday night at the Copper Globe.

Last edited:

OB1

Thanks Kevin B. I'll probably just meet up with you at Buckmaster. Is the trail head just off I-70 at exit 149?

Kevin B.

Meet us in the morning at 149. I don't know exactly where, the BLM just says "north of 149", so if you don't see us, head north :).

Kevin B.

This is a week away. Looks like our club is leaving early Friday afternoon and camping at the Wedge, folks are free to join us or just meet up at the service project Saturday morning. The BLM is looking forward to seeing us down there, and I'm looking forward to meeting the folks from KingCrawlers.

We'll be bailing from the service project around 1400 Saturday and driving Black Dragon east to west, then scooting down to Copper Globe to camp Saturday night. I haven't driven all of Black Dragon - it's rated a 3-4 on Traildamage.com, so stock high clearance 4x4s with good tires should be fine. We'll be monitoring CB 25.

DesertRunners:
offroad_medic - trip leader
Kevin and family
clfrnacwby and family
dutchman

ExpUt
lilmule and brother
frieed

RME
OB1

That's eight, maybe nine trucks. Can we make it ten? Twelve? The weather looks to be great, perfect Swell camping...

Last edited:

AaronPaige

Thanks for the heads count kevin I'll get with the king crawlers today and try to get a commitment count as well, I have not heard back from the bom yet, but is there anything that will be needed...

Kevin B.

Jaydon said "We will be installing trail markers, and doing some trail maintenance. Hand tools such as shovels or rock bars may come in handy during the project. having a group of full size rigs will be very helpful during this project. I will let you know if I think of anything else." He hasn't let me know, so I'm assuming gloves and hand tools will be all that's needed.