blue residue on tires

Box Rocket

bored
Our club (wasatch cruisers) went out to 5 mile pass and down to Little Moab last Saturday and it was a bit muddy. I finally washed my truck last night and this morning there is a weird blue residue on my tires. I've seen it before when I've had a lot of mud on the tires and it's sat for a day or so before getting a wash. Someone told me that I should be careful with this blue residue because it can be a byproduct of some chemical in the soil left over from some military testing. I was told it can be very harmful. Is there any truth to this? Personally I think it's a bit exaggerated but I'll shut up if I'm wrong. Someone please set me straight. Thanks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Does it look Oil-ish, when you wash it? Or is there more to it? I know there is a Gold Mining operation in the hills above 5 Mile. They have a Acid Lake, but besides that I haven't heard much more. I was out there last Saturday too, with a few friends playing around. My truck got pretty muddy, but I still havent washed it yet. Theres some cool mine tailings out there to play on! Hopefully its not RADIOACTIVE!!! :eek:

Attachments

• chrish.tailings.jpg
    chrish.tailings.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 50

Ryan

Chris and I were kinda exploring on the other side of Utah lake a couple of years ago and found some pretty funky tailings. They looked exactly like a bunch of mounds of fruity pebbles. The mud dried like concrete, but I never noticed any residue or anything after I washed it off.
It's hard to discount anything goofy that has to do with the other side of Utah lake. You never know what the military is REALLY doing, LOL.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Ryan
You're pretty quick with the pics Greg. Do you have a digicam, or do you just scan 'em? I didn't really notice Saturday.

I have a Digital, makes it real easy. What SUCKS, is that I didn't get pics of anyone except Chris. I was going to take some pics of the 'Runner, but I never did. I'm LAME!

Ryan

LOL, I can't blame anybody for not wanting to take pics of the Runner. There wasn't really much worth takin' pics of. I don't think I got any pics of you either, so we're even, LOL.

Ryan

I DID promise Parker that I would take a pic or 2, so that's exactly what we took---2 wasn't it?:D

It always takes me another 3 months to use the rest of the roll, so it takes me a while to post pics.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
we need access to one of those chemical spill indicator machines. and maybe a geiger counter for radiation. it would probably be a good idea to not wipe it all over your face or mix it into your coke, other than that, there isn't a lot of substances in this world that an cause you harm just by proximity. i would get out the dish soap just in case and give your tires a good soapin!!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by WasatchCruiser
Our club (wasatch cruisers) went out to 5 mile pass and down to Little Moab last Saturday and it was a bit muddy. I finally washed my truck last night and this morning there is a weird blue residue on my tires. I've seen it before when I've had a lot of mud on the tires and it's sat for a day or so before getting a wash. Someone told me that I should be careful with this blue residue because it can be a byproduct of some chemical in the soil left over from some military testing. I was told it can be very harmful. Is there any truth to this? Personally I think it's a bit exaggerated but I'll shut up if I'm wrong. Someone please set me straight. Thanks

I had that happen once when I was out there. Just took a few washes to get it off the BFG's. I don't thin it's anything to worry about, probably just some weird thing in the soil that makes the rubber look bluish.