body work guru's

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by Brent
I'm having a sanding party this weekend, I've got to get the thing ready for paint, anyone coming to help?

Are you serious?

Brett

PS....you know how to get my Jeeps pic to show up under my name?????????????????

Brent

another nobody
yea I need to sand on the thing for a whole day to get it ready for the primer, but I also need to gut the doors.

click on your controll pannel at the top right, then on edit options, go to the bottom where is sais avitar, then upload it, you will have to resize the thing first cause its probably to big.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm having a sanding party this weekend, I've got to get the thing ready for paint, anyone coming to help?

I may be up for helping you on Sat. sometime. When will you be working on it? I've got a crappy little Electric DA I can bring too. Are you just spraying the back half, or the whole thing?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
yea I need to sand on the thing for a whole day to get it ready for the primer, but I also need to gut the doors.

I might be able to come out and give you a hand. May as well find out how to take the doors apart, since I have to paint mine this spring as well.

Who are you having spray your Jeep anyway? Or are you doing it?

Brett

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by RedRockXJ

I might be able to come out and give you a hand. May as well find out how to take the doors apart, since I have to paint mine this spring as well.

Who are you having spray your Jeep anyway? Or are you doing it?

Brett

The loser painter next door will be spraying I believe.......:eek:

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Greg

I may be up for helping you on Sat. sometime. When will you be working on it? I've got a crappy little Electric DA I can bring too. Are you just spraying the back half, or the whole thing?
all day, wife permitting that is. bring the electric da, mine likes to freeze up with the little bit of moisture in the line going through it :( hopefully it will be a warm day.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I'd be in for helping if I didn't have to move a friend on Sat. Sorry. Post again if there is another time you need help.
Dan

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
If I weren't trying to clear out my shop too Id help. agreed drop a line if help is needed in the future. Or maybee it's that I don't work on jeeps.:cool:

mbryson

Supporting Member

if your wife will let you play. what do you think about an electrostatic pot gun ;) ?

I've never used one, but I think the concept is very sound (if I really know what it is). Don't you just ground the rig and the paint and gun is positively charged or something? Supposedly it 'attracts' the overspray to the painted surface.

mbryson

Supporting Member
If you've bought the primer and etching primer, let's work the quarters and sail panels with some primer and see how they turn out. We could still have plenty of work back there. You're always welcome to use my compressor to sand as well (less freezing of the DA).

Did you want to work the whole Jeep (long block) over with primer or just single coat it and DA/wetsand it?

Brent

another nobody
marc, I was thinking do the front fenders, then prime the thing, and block it, then do the cage / ect, prime again and then paint.

going white, I don't so much care if its not perfect and I think a coat of primer and a block will make it good enough?

mbryson

Supporting Member
We can see almost exactly how it will look with wet primer on it. Let's spray it and work it until it looks how you want it and then we'll DA and wetsand from that point.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by RedRockXJ
Just saw too many four door Cherokee's on the left of the page, so I thought I would toss my old grey one on :D

Brett

OHHHH! I am a member now too!!

And it's funny that we are both going down the same hill, isn't it....