Bonneville Off Road Racing 2010 Schedule

reddman

Fabber
BOR has released the 2010 race schedule!

For those of you who were able to participate in last years Wendover 250 in our new 4400 (rockcrawler) class, those who want to race this year, and those of you who want to see some desert racing up close and personal! As always, it's totally free to come watch, and entry fees for racers are being kept as low as possible.

Last year Carl Nielson won class 4400 in his Bronco buggy. It was an especially impressive feat considering we all thought his air shocks may not like the high speed. But he hauled arse! I believe Sexton Off Road is codriving again this year.

Robby (MountainYoats) came in second in his 4Runner, and gave us an awesome show rolling his rig after the race!

James Andrus and Jake Mecham were put out of the race at the beginning of their second lap by some electrical gremlins.

We hope to see even more of you guys out there this year! There are many other classes available to race in, from the stock class all the way to class 1 (which MD will be racing in). Post up if you have any questions or comments.

And here's the schedule:

Wendover 300, Wendover, Nevada.
Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jackpot (milage TBA), Jackpot, Nevada.
Saturday, July 10, 2010 (was the 17th, but it has been officially changed to the 10th)

Pony Express 300, 5 mile OHV area, Utah.
Saturday, September 4, 2010 (tentative)

Miller Motorsports Park
Saturday, October 23, 2010 (tentative)

If there are any changes to dates or venues I will post them up. Check out BOR's site here for additional info.

Last edited:

reddman

Fabber
We just changed the date for the Jackpot race. It was supposed to be a night race, but the BLM just informed us that night racing could have negative effects on the foraging habits of the local bat population. :rofl: I wish that was a joke, but we are working on making another one of these a night race.

We are still trying to organize things with the owners of KOH, so that we can get our top 4400 racers invited to their race. I will post up info as it becomes available.

reddman

Fabber
This year we are bringing back payback btw, and it's the highest percentage of any desert racing organizations as far as I know. We had so many racers say they would rather bump the entry fees up a little and bring back payback, so here it is! :)

There are also bike, quad, and UTV classes available. Check out BOR's site for details.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll be watching the site and forum for updated info. I'm making a goal of competing in the bike class this year, likely the Jackpot or Pony Express race. I tried finding it on the forum but what are the distances usually run by the bikes? Half that of the trucks?

reddman

Fabber
I'll be watching the site and forum for updated info. I'm making a goal of competing in the bike class this year, likely the Jackpot or Pony Express race. I tried finding it on the forum but what are the distances usually run by the bikes? Half that of the trucks?

IIRC it was 100 miles for the bikes. Some want a little more, some have asked for a little less, that seems to be the happy medium. How many would you like? I'll mention your input at our next meeting. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
IIRC it was 100 miles for the bikes. Some want a little more, some have asked for a little less, that seems to be the happy medium. How many would you like? I'll mention your input at our next meeting. :)

Considering I'm outta shape and need some major practice, I'm leaning towards less but I think I could do manage 100 miles. I might fall over dead at the end but I'll give it a try.

reddman

Fabber
Considering I'm outta shape and need some major practice, I'm leaning towards less but I think I could do manage 100 miles. I might fall over dead at the end but I'll give it a try.

Lol. I believe the plan is to run some kind of ~50 mile figure 8, with the main pit in the center, so you will hit the main pit about every 25 miles. Don't quote me on that exact number, but that's one idea being tossed around. At least that doesn't leave you too far out in BFE if your body just quits on ya mid-lap.

reddman

Fabber
First race of the year is coming up in just a little over a month, I'm soo stoked!

We have a great turnout so far on the "Intend to Race" list. UTVs have easily become our largest class; when I checked the list a week or two ago there were already 13 people signed up in UTV. That's gonna be a cool class to watch cause it's so easy and cheap to start racing in it!

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Count the yoats in for all of them! We've been making some serious mods to get it more high speed freindly.can't wait to throw down! What's the status on more "rock" portions of the course?

cjncustoms

So I was just looking on your website and correct me if I'm wrong but is it going to cost me $550 to race in the wendover 300? Or is it just the intial $15 or $45?

TEAM FRED

So I was just looking on your website and correct me if I'm wrong but is it going to cost me $550 to race in the wendover 300? Or is it just the intial $15 or $45?

You can save $50 by paying 1 week in advance. Or run sportsman class for $375 but there is no purse for that class.

The pricing is very fair for a race of this type.
Permits, Medics, Insurance, and all the work to put on a race like this is not cheap.

Grim

we are planning to go watch the race in wendover . is it going to be out by the goshute mountains again (east side) ?