Bug-Out vehicle prep

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
On a more serious note, the Yellowstone explosion isn't what will kill most of us. Even if the explosion itself is a complete surprise (unlikely), we're well outside the worst of the shockwave and would have plenty of time to head south or west or wherever we need to get out from under the nastiest of the fallout.

The years after would be far worse. The environmental effects of a supervolcano like Yellowstone popping off would cause something very similar to a nuclear winter. Food shortages and the resulting crime would be devastating.

Corban_White

On the topic of fuel storage, we always fuel up at half a tank (except on road trips). If we need to evacuate I don't want to have to wait in line at the gas station first. Solves the rotation and storage problem somewhat. I still have (up to) 20 gallons of ethanol free in cans depending on how much bike riding and tractor driving I've been doing.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
On the topic of fuel storage, we always fuel up at half a tank (except on road trips). If we need to evacuate I don't want to have to wait in line at the gas station first. Solves the rotation and storage problem somewhat. I still have (up to) 20 gallons of ethanol free in cans depending on how much bike riding and tractor driving I've been doing.

1/2 tank is our empty also. We started this back in ?2007? When a snow storm stopped all traffic in Utah County and people idled cars until they were out of fuel. Many were stranded for a long time.