buggy people

SAJ

LURCH!
ive been checking out some buggys latley just trying to figure what chassis designs and stuff i would like. prob im having is im 6'6" and everyone ive either looked at or sat in is VERY small for me. does anyone else have this problem? what are you doing about it? i was looking at a FTM chassis a guy who lives by me has and i can barley move my feet fot the pedals. Any info appriciated. Thanks

Caleb

so you are just looking for a trail buggy right? My buggy has a ton of room...that was what I wanted when I had it built...I bet you would prolly fit in it just fine...the height might just need to be an inch or so taller...but I'm 6' and have plenty of room (I know 6"s more is a lot)...my whole idea was I wanted a buggy I could go play on the trail with and not feel cramped after a day of wheeling...if you are looking at having one built then I would strongly suggest Rocklogic...they have awesome ideas and have the skills and tools up there to back it up :D

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
Supergper said:
.if you are looking at having one built then I would strongly suggest Rocklogic...they have awesome ideas and have the skills and tools up there to back it up :D
I agree with this. they really do great work and are very well priced. I also looked into the FTM chassis, I am 5'9 and felt smashed into it so your not alone with that. also the number to Rocklogic just incase you need it. 866-YO-LOGIC. Great guys

SAJ

LURCH!
2BIGTJ said:
I agree with this. they really do great work and are very well priced. I also looked into the FTM chassis, I am 5'9 and felt smashed into it so your not alone with that. also the number to Rocklogic just incase you need it. 866-YO-LOGIC. Great guys

ya, a trail buggy with room enough for me to be comfortable for a day wheelin'. maybe a comp or two someday but not for the time being. RL, can they build for say toyota motor tranny cases, links and 60's? Or anything desired? thanks

Caleb

SAJ said:
RL, can they build for say toyota motor tranny cases, links and 60's? Or anything desired? thanks

yep...infact Yotas are their specialty...but they can do whatever you would like, Carl's old buggy was 4.3L TH350 yota t-case he had I believe yota axles at first, then swapped the front to a 60 (he may have had the front 60 to begin with)with 4 link front and rear and coilovers, then he swapped the yota case for a D300...my buggy is 4.3L TH350 203-250 doubler and I have 60s front and rear with 4 link front and rear and fox air shocks...they built another chassis at the same time they were building mine that was all yota drivetrain...

(dont want to turn this into a shop pimp thread :D)

SAJ

LURCH!
Supergper said:
yep...infact Yotas are their specialty...but they can do whatever you would like, Carl's old buggy was 4.3L TH350 yota t-case he had I believe yota axles at first, then swapped the front to a 60 (he may have had the front 60 to begin with)with 4 link front and rear and coilovers, then he swapped the yota case for a D300...my buggy is 4.3L TH350 203-250 doubler and I have 60s front and rear with 4 link front and rear and fox air shocks...they built another chassis at the same time they were building mine that was all yota drivetrain...

(dont want to turn this into a shop pimp thread :D)

gotcha, i know which rig your talking about.( i think he just sold it?). might just have to give them a call. Has anyone modified a FTM chassis or maybe a SN fab chassis? looking for someone whos done this before. thank

Caleb

SAJ said:
gotcha, i know which rig your talking about.( i think he just sold it?). might just have to give them a call. Has anyone modified a FTM chassis or maybe a SN fab chassis? looking for someone whos done this before. thank

yeah, thats the one, Carl just sold it...there have been a few people that have modified the FTM chassis, Parker at Mount Logan started with a Rock Force chassis and modified it...hes also a pretty big guy (easily over 6')...also there is a thread on PBB right now about another guy that modified Matt's old rig (Matt from the former FTM), here is the link to that thread...just so you know, FTM is out of business, so unless you can find a used one I doubt you'll be able to get one of their chassis'

ROCKRUNNER

I Will Sell You My Old Chasis I Am 6'4 270 And Fit In It Fine And It Was A Comp Buggy It Is Built On A Toyota Frame So All Your Stuff Is Bolt Up! Pm If Interested

Attachments

• buggy-5.JPG
    buggy-5.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 35

SAJ

LURCH!
ROCKRUNNER said:
I Will Sell You My Old Chasis I Am 6'4 270 And Fit In It Fine And It Was A Comp Buggy It Is Built On A Toyota Frame So All Your Stuff Is Bolt Up! Pm If Interested

PM me wit h more pics please

Bart

Most comp buggies are custom built for the driver. I know my FTM buggy was too small for most to even fit in. A more generic frame will accomadate a bigger person like Caleb said. I agree, RockLogic is the ticket around here. They do great work and get it out fast. They also specialize in the Toyota stuff. I also agree that Mt Logan does excellent work also. Good luck, there are a few options for you.
Bart

ROCKRUNNER

Here Are Some More I Will Try To Dig Some Up Or If You Want Pm Me To Look At It! :d P.S. THE ONE WAS A BUILD PIC!

Attachments

• buggy3.JPG
    buggy3.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 33
  • BUGGY28SC.JPG
    BUGGY28SC.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 44