Buggy progress!!!

Caleb

Well, the cats out of the bag:D I am having Rocklogic build me a buggy. I went to them with somewhat of an idea and they have FAR exceeded my expectations. The “official” work time starts on Monday but they have been poking away at it when they have had time. Here are a few progress pics up to this point.

11-25-03
First Phase:

Left Front
fa774be7.jpg

Right Rear
fa774be1.jpg

Front
fa774bdf.jpg

Caleb

12-29-03
Third and Final Phase:

Right Front
fa24fe6a.jpg

Left Front
fa24fe71.jpg

Right Rear
fa24fe76.jpg

And the last Profile shot as of now
fa24fe64.jpg

My goal with this buggy wasn’t a super light weight competition buggy, but rather a great trail rig. I wanted to have room for spare parts (if necessary) and have plenty of room that I will still be comfortable on any trail ride. My drive train is still my original plans which were a 4.3L-TH350-203/205 Doubler-RC60 up front-14T out back (for now). I will continue to update this thread as I get more pics;)

harkinoff

something to do...
Right on.. What are you doing with the jeep body? did you cut the body up beyond being able to make it a driver/wheeler again?

Caleb

harkinoff said:
Right on.. What are you doing with the jeep body? did you cut the body up beyond being able to make it a driver/wheeler again?

its sold to someone that has been wanting a frame for a while:D it was actually in pretty good shape, only thing I had really cut on it was the rear fender wells were cut "competition" style, so straight out the back...other than that it doesn;t even have many scrathes on it:eek: I never had it up long enough to beat it very well:rofl: this new buggy will get PLENTY of use;)

harkinoff

something to do...
Good choice, tube buggy is the way to go it seems :cool: better than chopping up a driver/wheeler ,trying to compete with a tube buggy weight wise..

Caleb

goin4xn said:
Way cool there Caleb! RL does great work!
Scott

I have always known they do GREAT work (your Jeep is evidence of that) but everytime I go up there I am more and more impressed with their different projects.

Someone else's buggy they are currently working on (not gonna say who, if they want to they can:D) is totally different than mine but yet it is totally awesome also...

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
supergper said:
I have always known they do GREAT work (your Jeep is evidence of that) but everytime I go up there I am more and more impressed with their different projects.

Yup - Carl and Von are a great team. Their ideas are fantastic. I really enjoyed the bench building talks we had and then to see their ideas come to life is impressive. Now I just gotta pay 'em!
Scott