Building a mini ramp in the backyard.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've always wanted my own mini ramp.
And I've got a 19'x24' concrete pad in my backyard that I learned used to be a garage so it's flat.
I've been planning to build one for a while and the plan is a 3'er with some decent flat bottom.
Well my friend is selling his and I've skated it before so I know it's a nice setup.
So I bought it. My wife was pretty mad :( haha but she's over it... I hope :)
It's disassembled in 4 "easy pieces" and I'm going to pick it up in SLC tomorrow night if anyone wants to lend a hand loading it up.
The plan is to put it together Saturday then BBQ and ride it.
I'm excited.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Just your own drill. I have everything else.

Preview
IMG_20131112_193257_452_zpsb4258dd6.jpg

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
wish I could help. What are the stats. radius, flat bottom, and how tall.

12'x24'x3' I don't remember the radius, but I'm very particular about what I like and dislike, and I like this one... a lot!

there is a feller giving one away in the free section on ksl..

Free and good are often mutually exclusive, but just for kicks I looked. It's gone.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Aww crap I just barely saw this post! Wish I could have helped out

No worries. We had 3 guys show up.

Howd it go?

Got there at 7pm took maybe 1.5hr to Load and strap down. I was pretty careful and used every strap I had.

Took it easy and kept it under 40mph all the way home on back roads.

Got it unloaded last night with the help of the neighbors.

Unfortunately a section of flat bottom fell over and squashed my wife's hand pretty bad between it and the wheel well on the trailer deck. She is okay, but it's way swollen and sore, so she's going to get it x-rayed this morning :(

Luckily I bargained in a huge tarp so I got it covered before it got too wet with the rain this morning.

If it quits raining this evening, I'm planning on painting all of the framing so it's more weather resistant.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
holy crap, that's huge! I was thinking it was a little 2 or 3' quarter pipe!

Haha! Almost everyone says that when they see it stacked vertically. It's a 3'er. Also I believe the way you're referencing "quarter pipe" is a misnomer. A quarter is technically just one side of a ramp. (Mini, mid or full size).

Nice!

Guessing this is the same one I skated at Snogression?

Ya, that's the one.

It quit raining!

sixstringsteve

Haha! Almost everyone says that when they see it stacked vertically. It's a 3'er.

I can see that now. Based off your pic that was in post #5, it looked like a mini quarter pipe that was only 3' wide. I didn't realize you're doing a full halfpipe. That's awesome.

What are you going to do to keep people from suing you or from having their medical expenses go through your homeowners insurance? I'm dealing with that issue with my pump track right now.

D

Deleted member 12904

I can see that now. Based off your pic that was in post #5, it looked like a mini quarter pipe that was only 3' wide. I didn't realize you're doing a full halfpipe. That's awesome.

What are you going to do to keep people from suing you or from having their medical expenses go through your homeowners insurance? I'm dealing with that issue with my pump track right now.

Someone got hurt on your pump track and wants you to pay the medical bills?

sixstringsteve

not yet, but it's a worry of mine. I've had neighbor kids sneaking back there and riding it while I'm at work, even though I've asked them to stay off it. It's all locked up now, so I'm not too worried.

I'm more woried about the health insurance company trying to get me to pay for their medical bills. Suppose someone were jumping on my trampoline and they fell off and broke their arm. They'd go get an x-ray and a cast. The health insurance company would the bill. When the health insurance company investigates and finds out it happened on my property, they'll go after my homeowner's insurance to pay the bill. That will make my homeowner's insurance premiums go up. There's nothing the neighbor can do to prevent this from happening (unless they lie about where/how they got injured).