Building a pump track in the backyard

sixstringsteve

You wont regret it, its super fun. I had as much fun digging it as i did riding it. You should ask @193kyle, he put a ton of hours into it. I think it took 10 or 20 yards of dirt. The shoveling isnt hard. I recommend the pump track ebook by lee mcormack. Too many people dont use enough dirt, and they put the rollers too close together. If you ever get a chance to ride a velosllutions pump track, do it!

sixstringsteve

I would guess each roller took 2or 3 hours to shape. And it takes a while to water them and pack them down. I actually have some tools ill donate to you thst will make it easier to build.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
You wont regret it, its super fun. I had as much fun digging it as i did riding it. You should ask @193kyle, he put a ton of hours into it. I think it took 10 or 20 yards of dirt. The shoveling isnt hard. I recommend the pump track ebook by lee mcormack. Too many people dont use enough dirt, and they put the rollers too close together. If you ever get a chance to ride a velosllutions pump track, do it!

Thanks! I found the ebook, I'll take a look

sixstringsteve

I leveled it. it was a total pain, but I was worried about the liability (and desirability) of selling it with the track. I miss having that pump track.

Last edited: