Building up 93 ZJ

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
rockkrawler said:
The problem with the gen one is that the barcket weld would break the bracket would go anywhere it can. Welds which of the installer not RK and would cause the bracket to give. The bracket does not give if welded correctly. As for the bad luck of losinfg the bracket with the chick. OUCH!!! as for the fix to the problem Gen I has changed to a GEN II and the bracket you have problems with is gone WOOSAA!!! As for me I run and am finally changung out the torque arm and never broke off the brackt or had any give in it.

I would invite any one to come see the new radius arm and see what GEN II is.

scott

English? Reading that made my head hurt. :ugh:

rockkrawler

X factor

Cody said:
Here is what the grand cherokee people think the x factor
http://mallcrawlin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1366&start=0

Cody

The X factor kit is new and there is no one who has this kit except for the test kit. AS FOR THE JOINTS THERE ARE NEW JOINTS AVAILABLE SOON!!! There is one x factor sitting on the floor in my shop. I also have the new joints sitting there to. I think this is the winner any one with old krawler joints can upgrade for around 15.00 a joint. The have a axial load of around 30000 pounds. 50000 pounds over all. We will see how the joints go.

I wonder if anyone on mall crewlin has or has even used the X factor scince the pictures are the prototype pics in ROCKKRAWLERS shop. I think that in moab we will se haw the kit performs and if anyone is interested they can PM me after moab for more info.

Scott

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
How bout you bring one down to Grand Slam West and we'll run it next to the competition and see how it does. Money......meet mouth.

The fact is until then, I've seen and heard lots of people rave about RK's kits at the show and shine larry miller/mepco jeep shows, but I haven't heard anyone rave about them that actually wheels it. Thats a literal statement too--I remember that big gay WJ with the RK kit all shined up and parked on funny ramps one year.......he loooooved his RK kit--but the jeep had never been in 4lo. The only people that I know of that really beat on an RK kit and still have positive things to say about it are Spence and Andy and I'll concede that they gave it hell.

The kit could work, the joints could work, (and I hope they do) but the company has dug itself a mighty hole and with lots and lots and lots of talk and promises about improved product etc etc, you'd think they would be anxious to get out and put it in front of the doubters. Doubters being the people that actually need a long arm kit to do something besides clear 35" thornbirds well enough to get them into their HS parking lot.

I would love to see a rig equipped with the gen 2.2x42.74x XXXFACTORXXX kit at GSW. Everyone else would too. The fact is lots of people wish the RK kit didn't have such a bad rap and would be excited to see one down there gettin dirty trying to prove its name. Nobody has ill-will towards RK, they just want to see it live up to all the hype. Until then, there will remain to be a ton of people on every major BB in the world that are tired of the unsubstantiated claims and hype that they have been inundated with since the beginning and will go out of there way to show it.

Cody

rockkrawler

ok

Cody said:
How bout you bring one down to Grand Slam West and we'll run it next to the competition and see how it does. Money......meet mouth.

The fact is until then, I've seen and heard lots of people rave about RK's kits at the show and shine larry miller/mepco jeep shows, but I haven't heard anyone rave about them that actually wheels it. Thats a literal statement too--I remember that big gay WJ with the RK kit all shined up and parked on funny ramps one year.......he loooooved his RK kit--but the jeep had never been in 4lo. The only people that I know of that really beat on an RK kit and still have positive things to say about it are Spence and Andy and I'll concede that they gave it hell.

The kit could work, the joints could work, (and I hope they do) but the company has dug itself a mighty hole and with lots and lots and lots of talk and promises about improved product etc etc, you'd think they would be anxious to get out and put it in front of the doubters. Doubters being the people that actually need a long arm kit to do something besides clear 35" thornbirds well enough to get them into their HS parking lot.

I would love to see a rig equipped with the gen 2.2x42.74x XXXFACTORXXX kit at GSW. Everyone else would too. The fact is lots of people wish the RK kit didn't have such a bad rap and would be excited to see one down there gettin dirty trying to prove its name. Nobody has ill-will towards RK, they just want to see it live up to all the hype. Until then, there will remain to be a ton of people on every major BB in the world that are tired of the unsubstantiated claims and hype that they have been inundated with since the beginning and will go out of there way to show it.

Cody

For the doubters!! mabye you should look at Craig stumps kit. Call Craig and ask him about the roll and the way the kit held up. He broke nothing yet in Comps and he runs the RK kit. Call andy he will say how the hero held up.
Ask tjjeepjunkie he will have a good opinon too. Ask him how the kits work he has seen them in action.
I killed my kit for the last 3 years and it is still here the joints and axle bracket!! I still have good things to say. I think that they make the best kits, Just like you think that there joints ware out in 3k. There joints are greasable and packed in poly. I hAVE NEVER HAD JOINTS DIE IN 3K. It is a good point here people may only show and shine like luke at the mepco jeep show!!! There is also a crew who wheels them I am one and am pleased with the kits and Rk on how they have looked forward and also taken care of all of the crap out there from there old kits!!!

As for the bad rap maybe now that the gen II has been out for 2 years see if you can dig up any bad crap about the Gen II. I would be interested to see what you find.

As for No ill l towards Rk all you have ever done is bash RK never seen you do anything but pull the crap out of the hat, that you have herd. Oh ya Have you everdig so crap up about something one ha

As for the grand slam west Joe daro will be there with hs xj with the Rk super 8 kit he can play there. As for playing local let me know and well go. I have a few that i can kill or even let you kill one

scott

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
Rk

For the Rock Krawler side of things, I have a 99 WJ with a 6" lift and I love it. Yes, I do wheel it, not extremely hard because it is my wifes dailly driver. I will take it on trails rated 3.5 to 4, my wife would kill me if I took it on anything higher besides it is not built up enough for that.

Cody- I wish my ZJ was builded up so we could go out wheeling together so we both can see how the RK lifts and joints will hold up. So when and where is the grand slam west? Maybe we can get a ZJ or WJ there that is willing to wheel it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
rockkrawler said:
For the doubters!! mabye you should look at Craig stumps kit. Call Craig and ask him about the roll and the way the kit held up. He broke nothing yet in Comps and he runs the RK kit. Call andy he will say how the hero held up.
Ask tjjeepjunkie he will have a good opinon too. Ask him how the kits work he has seen them in action.
I killed my kit for the last 3 years and it is still here the joints and axle bracket!! I still have good things to say. I think that they make the best kits, Just like you think that there joints ware out in 3k. There joints are greasable and packed in poly. I hAVE NEVER HAD JOINTS DIE IN 3K. It is a good point here people may only show and shine like luke at the mepco jeep show!!! There is also a crew who wheels them I am one and am pleased with the kits and Rk on how they have looked forward and also taken care of all of the crap out there from there old kits!!!

As for the bad rap maybe now that the gen II has been out for 2 years see if you can dig up any bad crap about the Gen II. I would be interested to see what you find.

As for No ill l towards Rk all you have ever done is bash RK never seen you do anything but pull the crap out of the hat, that you have herd. Oh ya Have you everdig so crap up about something one ha

As for the grand slam west Joe daro will be there with hs xj with the Rk super 8 kit he can play there. As for playing local let me know and well go. I have a few that i can kill or even let you kill one

scott

talky talky talky. Just more of the same. I guess I missed the commando kit that craig runs on your website. I guess if you really want to look at comp stuff--compare craigs record with your "kit" to the production kits that have placed consistantly in the top 5 in all the east coast comps that clayton has built--I can go online and buy that exact kit--can I buy Craigs kit online?

It's not unusual for RK or their affiliats to be defensive. It's soooo uncharactaristic of RK to talk about how great their stuff is, how much better there Gen 2 stuff (even though this is the 3rd gen of design that I know of and I believe the 3rd redesign of their 'super duper rock crawling hard core crawler joints' ;) )The first kit and the first joint were supposed to be so super fabulous. The second set were supposed to be so amazing that everyone would stop building there own in awe of what you have done, and now we're on to the new stuff--again---new company---again---new joints----new promises-----again--same bravado------------AGAIN. Best luck sport. I hope it works--again.

I give you credit, the HERO beat up on your stuff and came out on the other side. Maybe craig runs your joints--awesome--he beats up on stuff good too. But it's not like craig is running your production kit dude. There are tractor joints that can hold 50000 lb's like you advertise. But do those joints also hold up to 50,000 miles of DD use as well as continuous off road use under a 5500lb trail tank?

As far as GSW goes. I don't recomend sending an XJ to demontrate how super fabulous your ZJ/WJ and commando kits are. If you can, have a grand show up with your kit. There is a local guy in Moab that runs the RK kit, except he had to cut, lengthen, and sleave his arms to accomadate his massive 33" tires on his 8" lift.

So, bring a grand down. Maybe even become a sponsor of the event--like I said there is no ill will towards RK--we would love to have you there. I personally (along with others) am tired of hearing about how great RK is, but not ever seeing any of it live up to the hype. Come show me. Put your money where your mouth is.

Consider this RK being called out.

Cody

and just an afterthought, if the Gen 2 kit that has been out for 2 years without complaint is so awesome, why the need for the XXXFACTORXXX v2.2vx.2379809.187 kit?

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
I want RK to do something, so these endless threads can stop. I have no idea who is right, but the talking sure isn't helping. Pages and pages of I saw a guy who... something good, well I saw a guy who.... something bad.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I don't know why I always toss in my 18 cents about RK.

I hope that the new RK stuff is great. I hope it lives up to all the hype. It'll be good for the industry if it does. I respect that they've made an effort to make things right with some of their old customers. So, I won't say anything more about RK. I hope their new stuff lives up to the standard they have set for themselves.

Cody

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, is it finally over? Man, I just read this thread and it seems to me like I've read this same thread three times before.
Best of luck to you champs. 1BADZJ, Clayton's going to be my choice. I've worked on that kit on my bothers jeep and it is beefy! I don't think I've every heard anything about his kit breaking.

rockkrawler

Clayton

Cody said:
talky talky talky. Just more of the same. I guess I missed the commando kit that craig runs on your website. I guess if you really want to look at comp stuff--compare craigs record with your "kit" to the production kits that have placed consistantly in the top 5 in all the east coast comps that clayton has built--I can go online and buy that exact kit--can I buy Craigs kit online?

It's not unusual for RK or their affiliats to be defensive. It's soooo uncharactaristic of RK to talk about how great their stuff is, how much better there Gen 2 stuff (even though this is the 3rd gen of design that I know of and I believe the 3rd redesign of their 'super duper rock crawling hard core crawler joints' ;) )The first kit and the first joint were supposed to be so super fabulous. The second set were supposed to be so amazing that everyone would stop building there own in awe of what you have done, and now we're on to the new stuff--again---new company---again---new joints----new promises-----again--same bravado------------AGAIN. Best luck sport. I hope it works--again.

I give you credit, the HERO beat up on your stuff and came out on the other side. Maybe craig runs your joints--awesome--he beats up on stuff good too. But it's not like craig is running your production kit dude. There are tractor joints that can hold 50000 lb's like you advertise. But do those joints also hold up to 50,000 miles of DD use as well as continuous off road use under a 5500lb trail tank?

As far as GSW goes. I don't recomend sending an XJ to demontrate how super fabulous your ZJ/WJ and commando kits are. If you can, have a grand show up with your kit. There is a local guy in Moab that runs the RK kit, except he had to cut, lengthen, and sleave his arms to accomadate his massive 33" tires on his 8" lift.

So, bring a grand down. Maybe even become a sponsor of the event--like I said there is no ill will towards RK--we would love to have you there. I personally (along with others) am tired of hearing about how great RK is, but not ever seeing any of it live up to the hype. Come show me. Put your money where your mouth is.

Consider this RK being called out.

Cody

and just an afterthought, if the Gen 2 kit that has been out for 2 years without complaint is so awesome, why the need for the XXXFACTORXXX v2.2vx.2379809.187 kit?

Craig stumps kit is a made of production parts and joints so I guess you could call them and order it to answer your question!
consistantly Where were they last year I talked to adam at Clayton and he told me that they competed in the 1st event, broke last year and never returned to finish last year. I think that the clayton kit Is a ok kit. It is a clone on the RE as many are doing now a day. The kit is built tough. I wheeled with adam and dave from clayton the last few years in moab and there kit is tough, seemed to work well.

As for grand slam I wish I was a grand boy and had one to slam there so I could see how it compares with the best. But as for now I have a cherokee, and some TJ's. So all I can do is play with them. If I had a grand I would play with you big money!!!

I know that the joints craig run are the same joints THey can be put in any kit if asked for. As for joints for 50000 mile s that is a long time. I dont think I know a joint that can do that. The Krawler joints last long for the general public, Put up with abuse well, But not as well as needed this is the reason for the renovation. They are the same with added strenght ro fix the weakness. If you are a die hard like I take you to be you would runs the heim joints or the genII krawler joints>

and now we're on to the new stuff--again---new company---again---new joints----new promises-----again--same bravado------------AGAIN. Best luck sport. I hope it works--again.

dude Due you not think that change is good do you run the same thing RL put under you cherokee the first time has there never been any chages to it if so WOW!!! props thats cool !!! But I think that there has been something renovated with the way you kill things big money!! LOL

scott

The X factor is a new kit for the grand cherokee?
Oh y did you find any crap on the gen II yet?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
rockkrawler said:
If you are a die hard like I take you to be you would runs the heim joints or the genII krawler joints

yup, I run 1.25" heims.

dude Due you not think that change is good do you run the same thing RL put under you cherokee the first time has there never been any chages to it if so WOW!!! props thats cool !!! But I think that there has been something renovated with the way you kill things big money!! LOL

The ONLY thing that has changed is the way the rear coilovers were mounted on the frame side--and that was 2 years ago only because I tubed out the rear. We havn't touched the suspension since it went in.

Oh y did you find any crap on the gen II yet?

Nope, don't really care enough to look and see what gen kit people were destroying most recently--could be gen1, could be gen2?? like I said, I hope we see people start to run the RK kit and I hope it works as well as it is heralded.

Cody

Ken

Ha Ha!!!! I think RK should front me a gen 2 long pinion arm to make up for the broken axle bracket I had with my short arm. I welded that thing up solid the first time round. It's not my fault that RK didn't compenstate for Dana's week axle bracket until Gen 2. Obviously there was something else there besides poor welding that caused the axle brackets to break; Thus the Gen 2 production of longer pinion arms. :shawn:

Mikeyg79

Why doesn't the "X factor" use a full length subframe? would be a lot stronger.

how is Clayton's 4 / 5 link and subframe a copy of RE's 5 / 5 link and bellypan thing?

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Mikeyg79 said:
how is Clayton's 4 / 5 link and subframe a copy of RE's 5 / 5 link and bellypan thing?
I think he's insinuating that the front upper arms are a copy of RE's design, which is essentially a copy of Ford's radius arms anyhow. A lame attempt to discredit Clayton's kit, nothing more.