Can I put a LR in an 8.8 w/ trac loc?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think got an extra 4.10 series carrier that I believe will work for D30 (I know I have a D35 one, but I'll check if I have the D30 one or not). If you need the D30 one, what is the carrier break?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by mbryson
I think got an extra 4.10 series carrier that I believe will work for D30 (I know I have a D35 one, but I'll check if I have the D30 one or not). If you need the D30 one, what is the carrier break?

Well, according to that page, the carrier break for the D30 is 3.55 and higher, then 3.73 and lower. So, since I am geared at 3.55 right now, I'd have to get a new front carrier.

Dumb!

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by RedRockXJ

Well, according to that page, the carrier break for the D30 is 3.55 and higher, then 3.73 and lower. So, since I am geared at 3.55 right now, I'd have to get a new front carrier.

Dumb!

I've got the same carrier that you do then (and I'm not giving up my ARB:D ) Check with Andy at Six States driveline shop and see if he's got an open one laying around.

Originally posted by RedRockXJ

Just steal Cody's when he get's his 8.8 in.

I think I had planned to do that, but haven't had a chance to check back with him on his timetable of removal/installation (although mine's not the fastest so I'll probably be OK)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You have first crack at the brakes. We'll figure out something. I should have the axle fairly quickly (couple weeks) and hten its just a matter of setting up the ARB and waiting for my buddy to make time to weld the brackets in. It won't be until after the Olympics though as he is the bobsled tech for the US and Islander teams and very busy right now.

Cody

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
You have first crack at the brakes. We'll figure out something. I should have the axle fairly quickly (couple weeks) and hten its just a matter of setting up the ARB and waiting for my buddy to make time to weld the brackets in. It won't be until after the Olympics though as he is the bobsled tech for the US and Islander teams and very busy right now.

Cody

Sounds good, on the brakes. Brent could weld the brackets on, but there is a lot of them with the coil rear and you'll want them right on the money (not that Brent wouldn't be, but if you have a master welder---I'd use him).

End of Feb., first part of March should work pretty well for me as I've got to purchase an ARB myself and that will be about the correct time frame. I just got gears and will have them in my hot little hands next Friday/Saturday. That just leaves me the spacers for the axle seal to have created between now and then.