Can we talk tool chests?

1969honda

Supporting Member
How's the large drawer on that new HF 72" for weight rating? I've read a few places they are only 100 lb weight rating on the slides and other places saying that's grosly under rated but nothing to back it up? Debating going and picking on up.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My buddy just bought all these pieces to consolidate tool storage for his fabrication shop. 5BE23291-33B1-4679-8FF5-78CA0236DC56.jpeg
The blue box is also a US General and the red box just out of the picture is a 10 year old Snap On. He has one of the draws loaded with drill bits and another with punches and chisels. Those heavy draws slide better than his Snap On box.
4BAA3510-25B7-4A48-B56B-EB79547D3B9D.jpeg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
What is the coupon price for the box? I found some older coupons for $999, but a simple 20% coupon gets you down to $960. Am I missing something?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
In the spirit of getting the garage more organized I ordered up an omniwall setup as well as the 72" box. I am not a tall person so I will be setting the omniwall stuff up just one panel high and it will span across the wall 12 feet. I thought it was a neat setup and thought it was worth sharing.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
In the spirit of getting the garage more organized I ordered up an omniwall setup as well as the 72" box. I am not a tall person so I will be setting the omniwall stuff up just one panel high and it will span across the wall 12 feet. I thought it was a neat setup and thought it was worth sharing.

I've been wanting to ask if you were planning on having me come over when you need stuff from the top panel. I'm glad you clarified.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I was just at the freight of harbor store and man those new boxes look really nice. I had to chant (in my head) "you don't have enough space" over and over to be able to resist. One day I will have a bigger garage and get a bigger toolbox. I'm currently in one of the ol' 27" units and it's overworked and underpaid for suresies.