Can't give em away!

R

rockdog

I posted in the free section to give away my parts washer and eight lug wheels. I've had no responses. This baffles me? No one wants these things that I know have value. Is the economy so good people don't need free stuff anymore?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I find that I try to sell things of value all the time.. only to realize they have no value :(

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Crap I wish you weren't so far away I'd take the lot :-\

I know the feeling one time I had some people look at my free fridge and they couldn't decide if it was worth it--it was a nice fridge too. I think they wanted me to pay them to take it lol.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Free items are often code for, "I don't want to take it to the dump, so once you find out what I already know, you can take it to the dump".

R

rockdog

Free items are often code for, "I don't want to take it to the dump, so once you find out what I already know, you can take it to the dump".

Wow! I think they are worth something. The parts washer has $60 worth of solvent in it alone. And the eight lug wheels fit most heavy trailers and a ton of trucks. Maybe I'll set em out front with a free sign on em. :)

ricsrx

I also already have a parts washer, I wish some one was giving one away when I purchased mine.... I will take the solvent!

R

rockdog

I'll take the parts washer.

It's yours. I'll have to get the solvent out of it and into some 5 gallon hydraulic buckets I have. Text me or pm me a contact and I'll let you know when I've got it cleaned up for ya:)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Wow! I think they are worth something. The parts washer has $60 worth of solvent in it alone. And the eight lug wheels fit most heavy trailers and a ton of trucks. Maybe I'll set em out front with a free sign on em. :)

He's not saying your parts are ready for the dump, he's just saying that often when things are given away, it's because people are too lazy to throw them away. If you put a monetary value to them (even $10) I'd bet you'd get rid of them a LOT faster.

R

rockdog

He's not saying your parts are ready for the dump, he's just saying that often when things are given away, it's because people are too lazy to throw them away. If you put a monetary value to them (even $10) I'd bet you'd get rid of them a LOT faster.

Oh, I guess I read his post differently. I thought he meant it was just junk. I guess I'm easily offended. I don't personally know very many people on here. And I can only think of three that know me. So I guess it's hard to know what intent a comment was meant to imply. Without personally know the the guy saying it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Oh, I guess I read his post differently. I thought he meant it was just junk. I guess I'm easily offended. I don't personally know very many people on here. And I can only think of three that know me. So I guess it's hard to know what intent a comment was meant to imply. Without personally know the the guy saying it. :)

Woohooo! I finally made the top 3 of something! :D

R

rockdog

Thanks for the parts washer. I shall use it a lot. Now I don't have to hundreds of cans of brake cleaner to clean parts

Ross, I'm glad someone got it that will get some use out of it. It was nice to meet you.