car audio help

Houndoc

Anyone out there interested in doing a stereo install on my '02 Chevy?

Having some issues with my current system and may be just as easy to replace as try to fix.

Any suggestions on a good way to pick up a decent system for cheap?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
2002 chevy what? If you can do brakes on a car you can install a radio. Dash kit, harness adapter, antenna adapter. Usually cost me about 15-20 dollars unless you have onstar, chime etc etc then the harness could be 50 bucks

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
What Kiel said. If you have the parts but don't want to tackle it yourself, I'm willing to give you a hand. I'm in West Jordan though, so not real close to you. Post up some pics of what you're working with if you have a minute.

Houndoc

What Kiel said. If you have the parts but don't want to tackle it yourself, I'm willing to give you a hand. I'm in West Jordan though, so not real close to you. Post up some pics of what you're working with if you have a minute.

I am one of those people who tends to make things worse when working with electrical or plumbing! Will let you know what I come up with.

Thanks!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm also in the market for some install help. 2010 Chevy 2500 extended cab with onstar and steering wheel controls. I need new front speakers and really want to replace them all and add a small sub with built in amp. I want to keep the factory head unit. You tell me what to buy and when you want to install it. I could do it, but just super busy right now. It must be clean and professional. I have major OCD about wiring.

Houndoc

Thanks for the offers to help. I ended buying stereo from Sound Warehouse with "Free" installation (yea, we know how that really works), but it is in and working.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The part of car audio that always trips me up is the physical install. I can wire it up easy, it's putting the deck in the dash that trips me up. If it's like my 4Runner where there's not already a nice neat slot to shove the deck in, I'm lost.