Carnage Canyon

jp008

Today was very eventful. We went to our little hole in the world in No. Ogden and had a blast. Alot of damage happened today. 2 broken drivelines (sami's), 1 Toy t-case rear output shaft (sidekick), 1 t-case mount (commando) and an assortment of body damage. here are some pics. This is the same place I rolled the sami 2 weeks ago.

Why is Spence running away??????

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
gentlemen...listen up...this canyon is frickin awesome!! ....come on up to north ogden and we will show you a decent time!! This is the SPOT!!

I gotta give it up to Jim and Brett for sniffing this place out. It was right under my nose and I never saw it!!

jp008

Here is the low down on the Cherokee. Full width D44 up front and 12 bolt in the rear (1/2 ton chev truck), 350 w/turbo 350 trans and 205 t-case, 56" chev springs in the rear and 6" cherokee coils up front. 35" Big O XT's on all 4's, these seem to stick VERY well to the rocks.

jp008

:eek: There are a few more pics posted on the "Zuk outing Oct 5th thread of 2 weeks ago. I've got over 100 pics of today I just don't want to waste all that bandwidth.

Last edited:

Ryan

Okay, I'll go ahead and ask...

Any chance that it's actually legal to wheel there?

If so, I'd definitely be up for hitting it.

Not being intrusive, just wondering if you know or not...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
as far as legality, that is something that has not been fully investigated. We know it is not private property and there are no signs. our best guess would be utah power and light land since the power line road goes right over the trail. it is literally right off the side of the road at north ogden divide. jim any comments on legality??

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That looks like fun. How long does it take to run it? I think I have this coming Sunday off--lets get it awn.

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it took them all day to run up and back. a winch would be a good idea if you are not locked. if you have no lockers, forget it!! this place is loose and boulder strewn!! unlocked vehicles would not make it past the staging area!! next weekend I will be in MOAB so see the discoverer of this trail ,jp008 , for more info. every rig up there was at least locked in the rear except for the commando that was welded up front. to put it lightly they all needed two lockers to navigate the trail with any proficiency!:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
there are fundimental differences between the two trails. slickrock helps you in the fact that it affords great traction in most instances. the ground here is too loose to stand on in some places. if you think an open diff vehicle can make it even a fraction of the distance on this trail you are welcome to try. I give you my personal guarantee that it WILL NOT! try to do lower proving grounds in a snow storm and you will have about the same traction!!:D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You may be right and I admit, open diffs don't do well on the loose stuff, but I did make the climb out of the first section of LPG with nary a hitch and it is very loose and dusted. I'm willing to try anything.

If the majority of the trail is rock ledges and climbs, then I can make up for the lack of a locker with wheelbase.

I just get a kick out of some of the locker prudes that think you have to have a locker to do some serious wheelin'.

Cody