Cascade Springs Snow Bash effort

Ford Prefect

Well, I went up Provo Canyon on Sat. Wife did not want to do RS or little Moab, so, tried the back way into Cascade Springs.

Ironically there was a drift blocking even entrance into the parking lot, so, I got stuck about ten feet off the road. Put it into 4x4 and proceeded to the trail. Right after the tracks it got muddy and snowy. Took me several times to plow through that first 100 yards. Got around the corner and on the way up the hill and did fairly well. Several drifts that I had to hit through, but it went great. When I got about 50 feet from the top there was one last drift that took me about fifteen times to finally get through it. Sadly when I got to the actual top it was, as always, very windy. Sadly there was also about 15 feet of snow on the down hill side, so, that is where I ended my ride. The snow made about a six foot cliff to get down to the snow on the trail. Figured I could not make it back up, so... Lots of fun, lots of mud and flying snow. Good times, just short lived overall.