Chainsaw and/or Cat Canyon

notajeep

Just me
Monday we are headed down to delta to run one or both of these trails. Has anyone been there? How hard are they? Can you do both in one day? Do you want to come?:cool:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
you can run both in 1 day easily. I ran both back and forth in about a hour each during the fall, and their about 45 minutes apart from eachother.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Well there was no one else on it with us, so we made pretty quick work of it. But you could spend some time scewing around if you wanted too. I've seen people really have some hard times, just I didn't really just had to finesse a spot or 2 on chainsaw. Was fun though, would like to go back just can't be during the week, I wonder what snow does for it, might be sorta tough on chainsaw

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
WJ ZUK said:
I wonder what snow does for it, might be sorta tough on chainsaw
Chainsaw is a blast in the dead of winter. ILean and I ran it one winter with several inches of ice covering the entire trail. It was awesome! Both trails are challenging trails. There are some optional obstacles on Cat Canyon. Chainsaw is pretty much all or nothing.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
cat canyon is probably longer but it also has some transitions chainsaw is more of a bunch of granite waterfalls one after another. Chainsaw is harder in my opinion but cat is more scenic

notajeep

Just me
We ran Cat canyon and it was a blast! VERY fun trail. I'll have some pics to post tomorrow and Some video in a few days.:cool:
Completed it just under 3 hours and no broken parts.;)