Cheap 2" XJ body lift in SLC?

Caleb

You'll need to do a budget boost lift rather than a body lift. XJ's have unibodies, meaning the frame and body are one. If you do a budget boost lift (IIRC, they usually run around $90) you'll be putting a spacer on top of your coil up front and either an add-a-leaf or new shackle in the rear. I'd hit up Tera Flex Plus for your kit locally.

Mug

PHORmerly
I've got new 2" coil spacers and 2" blocks and u-bolts (complete 2" kit).

$75

Call or text if interested.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
You'll need to do a budget boost lift rather than a body lift. XJ's have unibodies, meaning the frame and body are one. If you do a budget boost lift (IIRC, they usually run around $90) you'll be putting a spacer on top of your coil up front and either an add-a-leaf or new shackle in the rear. I'd hit up Tera Flex Plus for your kit locally.

Lol. I was going to post this up but you beat me to it.

Sarge,

The $75 kit is a good deal for you and will be super easy to install

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Man, this had the potential to be a really fun thread...

Reminds me of talking to that kid at Checker a few years back that was telling me about the body lift that he was getting for his XJ.. "Ya I know its Unibody.. thats why you cut the frame off the body and put spacers between it" :eek:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Reminds me of talking to that kid at Checker a few years back that was telling me about the body lift that he was getting for his XJ.. "Ya I know its Unibody.. thats why you cut the frame off the body and put spacers between it" :eek:

Was it the Tooele checker? No further questions:p

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
yep the Tooele Checker... I tried to set him straight but he told me I didn't know what I was talking about so I just told him good luck with that and to send me some pictures when he was done.

Silly Willy

Im thinking of seperating my unibody on my XJ. anyone know if its been done before? Im aiming at making mine a bit more different than other XJ's on the trail. Seperating the unibody, and making a removable hard top. :)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Im aiming at making mine a bit more different than other XJ's on the trail.

let me know how that goes :ugh:
xj's are so plentiful and cheap that everything that can be done (even super unreasonable and ridiculous stuff) has been done... :D

at the end of the day you are just another soccer mom (as am i) and you should embrace it!

xj's for life!

JoeT

Im thinking of seperating my unibody on my XJ. anyone know if its been done before? Im aiming at making mine a bit more different than other XJ's on the trail. Seperating the unibody, and making a removable hard top. :)

:eek: Take a look at RockMonkeys buildup on his XJ.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
a build like his is actually quite common on the xj-specific sites but his has a few differences and the workmanship is amazing... i think it is my favorite xj build and that is saying a lot cause i drool over a lot of builds :D

Silly Willy

:eek: Take a look at RockMonkeys buildup on his XJ.
I've read over his thread, his build is pretty cool, But what I want to do is actually cut my (frame) off well the unibody type frame, and make one rather than strengthen the unibody.

Then remove the whole roof, make a decent roll cage, add 5 point harneses, (make the back 2 seat with 5 points) and then make a new roof put of fiber glass that I can remove, (similar to the Wranglers)

Badger

I am the Brute squad

You ask and you shall receive. The kid went back to school before completing it so it is unfinished but he is off to a good start. I plan on doing something similar with my XJ/MJ project once I can get a job that I actually make money at again.