Cheap 2" XJ body lift in SLC?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
there is also this one

on my current jeep the idea is to spend more time out wheeling than building/fixing things, but to each his own :D

Sarge!

1987 Wagoneer Limited
Thanks for the help and resistance to openly ridicule. My friend just said get 2" spacers! We put them on this weekend. I will change the front shocks this weekend after I buy front stem eliminators and run out and get an alignment.

Until then I will be hunting salvage etc for cheap 30x10.5x15's.

Thanks to the guys down at Utah Powder Coatings for the lift parts.

N-Smooth

go for 31's! i was rocking some on 1.5" spacers up front and an extra xj main leaf in the rear. you can definitely fit 31s. if you want to wheel it, some trimming will be required for max flex(.5" more than with 30's haha)

i actually wish i would have gone for 32's or 33's and cut more. hindsight sucks :rofl:

Sarge!

1987 Wagoneer Limited
Do you have to trim the painted surface of the fendar? I have a nicely painted Wagoneer Limited and it would hurt my feelings to mess with the body presentation.

N-Smooth

no one in their right mind would cut up a wagoneer ltd... :D

i just did the cut and raise on the front fender flare (super common deal, see my avatar). take off the flare and raise it up to the body line and mark new holes, drill them, cut all the excess off, and remount them. while you are under there you will also want to cut the piece that runs down by the front bumper cap and slice and bang back the death seam from hell.

as far as the rear goes a 31" tire tucks up ridiculously well on mine, it gets lost in there pretty much. i took off the rear flares and cut all the excess metal around the mounting holes (for good measure) and just re-mounted them.

there are plenty soccermoms around if you need help