cheap link suspension

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Greg said:
That thing boggled my mind the first time I saw it... Super simple & it worked well. Not much for adjustibility, but hey, if it works....

I can't remember what the Frame end of the 'Y' was, but it had to be super-beefy.

The frame side is just a normal 2.5" Johnny Joint. Terry's using 2x2x3/16" tube, says he's had no trouble with it--though friends of his with the same setup have bent the tubes and needed to go heavier.

His front suspension is radius arms, IIRC.

On the B7 threaded rod--I've used 1.25" B7 several times, it's good stuff. (I stock it, too) Nuts and jam nuts are easy to get, the downside is you can't find LH thread stuff very easily.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
cheapzuk said:
Why would I need lh threaded stuff. Can't I just do all ofmy links out of right handed thread or am I missing something?
You only need Left hand thread if you have adjustment joints at both ends of the link. So if you have a bushing at one end, and a heim at the other, you don't need left hand thread.

grinch

inner city redneck
Hmmmm guess I was missimformed... I was told that they only held 500 a pice a 1,000 an axle.... Thats ok the error was to my favor.... I can get them cheaper than coilovers so I think im gonna go this route for sure now.

cheapzuk

What kind of bushings are you all using. Were is a good place to get them. And how big of bolt should I use to go through them. I went to checkers and autozone and they were stupid and couldn't help me out any.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
cheapzuk said:
What kind of bushings are you all using. Were is a good place to get them. And how big of bolt should I use to go through them. I went to checkers and autozone and they were stupid and couldn't help me out any.

Here are a couple different options:
Bushings.jpg

Poly bushings, for 1/2" bolts. You'd want the HD version if you choose this bushing, which runs $9.

XJBushing.JPG

Rubber bushings, for 9/16" bolts. $25 including the press-in bushing.