Chevy 2500HD shock ?

str8axleguy

So I have a leveled 2007 2500HD with the duramax. I’m in the market for a shock upgrade was thinking bilstein 5100 but wondering what you guys would recommend.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think the 5100 is probably the best upgraded option, without spending a load of cash. The 5100 is intended for that exact application, a truck that has been leveled and is running bigger tires... the shock is built a little longer, so you're not bottoming out on full extension, like you would a stock height shock. Stock series shocks are the 4600, which you don't want.

"Due to their larger tires and heightened stance, lifted vehicles place extra demands on a shock absorber‘s damping ability. The B8 5100‘s monotube design and patented digressive valving is uniquely suited to confront these demands. On or off-road, loaded or unloaded, the BILSTEIN B8 5100 shock absorber instantly reacts to changing road inputs to maintain a stable, controlled, and comfortable ride."

I ran Bilstein 5100's on my 2002 Chevy 2500 and was pretty happy with them. It seems like they have a small shock body with a lot of pressure to control road irregularities.

I've become a bit of a shock snob, after realizing how poor traditional stamped-steel shocks actually perform. I wish Falcon shocks were available for older 3/4 ton trucks! I'd have a set on my current 2011 GMC Sierra 2500.