Chevy Volt

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I have a VW TDI also made in Mexico. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have a couple of great US-made vehicles also, but I'm a capitalist at heart. Buying inferior stuff is not my idea of patriotism.

Not buying products from a country who betrayed us and conspired against us with the French and Russians to cover up years of bolstering their economies by skimming billions off the "oil for food" program is my idea of patriotism... your results may vary... just sayin.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
For the record, the Volt we have is not for sale but is available for inspection and test drive. Jerry bought the Volt that was making the show circuit personally. We have a very long appointment list dating back to January once we knew we would have one.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Not buying products from a country who betrayed us and conspired against us with the French and Russians to cover up years of bolstering their economies by skimming billions off the "oil for food" program is my idea of patriotism... your results may vary... just sayin.

MIght as well throw away all your Japanese electronics, anything Russian made, and anything from the south ( or the north if your southern) real narrow view that limits you. If you base historical wars.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped

Then there is the whole confusion about where something is really made. For example the CRD motor in the Liberty was Made in Italy by MV Motori. I think they need to have a sticker like the nutrition labels that tells you what percentage is made in different countries.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
MIght as well throw away all your Japanese electronics, anything Russian made, and anything from the south ( or the north if your southern) real narrow view that limits you. If you base historical wars.

Iraq is hardly an historic war since we're still there... just sayin.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I'd drive a VW over a GM product any day. Any company that has to get bailed out doesn't deserve my support...

The Volt is a $40K Civic.

I agree, I own a Toyota and a Jeep. Buying GM does not make you a patriot but in my estimation, holding other countries accountable does. Some people consider "Bush lied people died" patriotic. I guess I am more sensitive since a family member died in one of those towers and my brother's convoy was hit by a car full of explosives on his first patrol in Mosul. Some would argue that the highest form of patriotism is taking advantage of your right to not give an eff about anything and just doing what you want. I too enjoy this right quite often.

And VW was bailed out by the US tax payer indirectly when billions were sent to the EU to bolster it's banks.

Last edited:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Then there is the whole confusion about where something is really made. For example the CRD motor in the Liberty was Made in Italy by MV Motori. I think they need to have a sticker like the nutrition labels that tells you what percentage is made in different countries.

VM Motori was 60% owned by Detroit Diesel and the Italians didn't betray us.

the volt has nice lines.. im not a chevy fan... its funny how people say "i will never own anything from (japan, germany, china... blah blah blah) but i bet if you tear your "american" cars apart you will find peices that say "made in china or made in japan" i dunno.. maybe im just neutral when it comes to this topic..