Child shotgun

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Looking for a bantam sized shotgun for my son. Either a .410 or 20 gauge.
He really likes the mossberg 510 or the mossberg duck commander bantam.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I have an older single-barrel break-action 20 gauge that has been sized for little people. Works well. Shoot (ha!) me a text if you're interested.

ID Bronco

I have a mossberg Bantam 20 guage SEMI AUTO that has worked well for my boys. It is being passed on now but you may want to look at them. They come with extra stock pieces so you can increase the length of pull as they grow. The semi auto also kicks much less and it shoots 3" shells. It is synthetic and very light. If he is going to shoot waterfowl, this is a great gun. Ours is black. I actually love it for ducks. When I have all my winter gear on the shorter stock is fast to raise up and shoot quickly.

I believe that if a youngster is going to shoot many shells at all (and they should be with upland, doves, and waterfowl) they need a light, easy to shoot weapon. It as only about $300 if I remember right.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I bought my son a Remington 870 20 Ga when he was 12. Its the smaller model and its been a great gun.

We went and looked at an 870 12 gauge and it seemed a little big for him. I would guess he would grow into it pretty quick though.

I have a mossberg Bantam 20 guage SEMI AUTO that has worked well for my boys. It is being passed on now but you may want to look at them. They come with extra stock pieces so you can increase the length of pull as they grow. The semi auto also kicks much less and it shoots 3" shells. It is synthetic and very light. If he is going to shoot waterfowl, this is a great gun. Ours is black. I actually love it for ducks. When I have all my winter gear on the shorter stock is fast to raise up and shoot quickly.

I believe that if a youngster is going to shoot many shells at all (and they should be with upland, doves, and waterfowl) they need a light, easy to shoot weapon. It as only about $300 if I remember right.

I didn't even think about a semi auto version. I will have to check them out. Where did you find it? Cabelas, and cal ranch don't have one.

Houndoc

My son as out grown his youth 20 gauge pump. I can talk to him about selling. He has a .243 he would like to sell and upgrade as well.

mesha

By endurance we conquer

I can't see that site at work, but I will look when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

My son as out grown his youth 20 gauge pump. I can talk to him about selling. He has a .243 he would like to sell and upgrade as well.

Let me know on both of them. You can send the info in a PM if you like :)

What caliber is he looking to upgrade to? I may have one we can trade.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Looking for a bantam sized shotgun for my son. Either a .410 or 20 gauge.
He really likes the mossberg 510 or the mossberg duck commander bantam.

Forget the shotgun. I hear kids using uzi's are all the rage right now.