Child Utah ID card question

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Our family is heading out of town for a week vacation (they refer to it as vacation), and we're curious if the 3y/o(not ours.. Nephew) needs a physical social security card to obtain a Utah ID card. I guess his SS card was lost during a move at some point.

Anyone know for sure on this who might've been in the same boat?

Thanks

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Our family is heading out of town for a week vacation (they refer to it as vacation), and we're curious if the 3y/o(not ours.. Nephew) needs a physical social security card to obtain a Utah ID card. I guess his SS card was lost during a move at some point.

Anyone know for sure on this who might've been in the same boat?

Thanks

Papers! :spork:

Where are you going that a 3 year old needs an ID?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's what we used... birth certificate and away you go. Not sure what you need to get the ID card. Kelsey wants one but... btw, it's like $20 I think, if you're curious LOL

notJoeKing

Ultimate Lurker
I'm flying with my 2 kids Easter weekend and Delta said all they need is Birth Certs... not sure how that proves who they are but... :shrug:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Thanks for the info guys.. My SIL swears that the Southwest info said they must have an ID card, but, maybe i'll just go research it on my own... She's nuts anyways ;)

I need to research SW's guidelines on bringing a gun along anyways...

Edit: Wow, notjoeking, one of your 2 posts in the 6 years you've been on this site was to reply to my humble little thread.. I'm honored. :)

rholbrook

Are the childs parents going with you? If not, you had better have a signed and NOTORIZED consent form allowing you to take them without the parents being there. I had to miss a flight because of not having one so be safe and have it. Don't offer it unless they ask and hopefully they have the same last name as you.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ You might've just brought up a whole 'nother can of worms..

No, the parents are not going.

No, he has his dad's last name.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Dear lord almighty.. 2/3's of your entire 6 year posting career are in this thread. That is awesome. :)

Stop posting now, so that we can just savor how nerdishly awesome this is. ;) Oh, and congrats on the new rig.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
You're a HUGE GEEK, Jason. God Bless.

If you are travelling with your own children, and God help us if any of those show up, you need birth certs, or if you have them, ID cards. If you don't, no biggie.

If you are one of two parents, or a stranger, you have to have written permission from the other parent or the legal guardians of the children.

I woke my sick wife up to ask her that, as she works for JetBlue and deals with it on a regular basis. If you see her, say thanks, I swore it was really important. :D