CJ Tub Extension

koondawg

I am extending my frame, and thought I might extend my Tub to match. Any one done this? Or have links, info on such a project? I have a 76 cj5. thinking of adding 12 inches into the tub. Thanks for any help or info on this!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
koondawg said:
I am extending my frame, and thought I might extend my Tub to match. Any one done this? Or have links, info on such a project? I have a 76 cj5. thinking of adding 12 inches into the tub. Thanks for any help or info on this!

Interesting....I've thought of doing that more than once to mine....:D Shouldn't be too bad, kinda like a Toyota bed bob.....

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Should be pretty straight forward. You may need to think through frame / tub mounts, or even design in your own as you extend.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
mbryson said:
I was thinking I'd try to make it the same tub size as a Scrambler. So I could get a top and what not ....

CJ5 doors are a different shape that the CJ7/8 doors. Not sure if that would work. Are there tops made for a CJ6? if so that would be an easier one, stretch it out to CJ6 length.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
rusted said:
CJ5 doors are a different shape that the CJ7/8 doors. Not sure if that would work. Are there tops made for a CJ6? if so that would be an easier one, stretch it out to CJ6 length.

I've only seen soft tops on the CJ-6........

koondawg

Good Idea

I dont really care for hard tops, so I guess I thought I could just add some to a soft top to make fit. Who needs a top any way?