cj8 Input

webyepn

gone yeepn
I'm stoked that scrambler made it to a good home in the valley. We'll definitely have to run some trails. I was trying to talk my friend into buying the one you bought, better you got it, I don't think he was willing to do much work to make it dialed like you are.
I talked another friend into a pretty capable 8 this year and he has loved it.

There is a Mopar FI kit that works for the 360 and I have experienced in a FSJ that works well. I remember running up to Park City from Provo in a Wagoneer with the injection kit at 75+ with a crew and some bikes. It's a $2k plus expense though. Your carb sounds good though. I have a carbed cj that actually climbs really well so I'm not changing it. Especially cause I can turn down the jets and raise the idle to get it to pass emissions every time.

I like my bestop basic top but for your kids, get the tinted window ones. I love the way it cools the occupants. There is a upholstery place in the Lehi by the hearts gas station that has reasonable prices and good work. We have had them do boat covers.

I just do the windshield bracket one on the driver side. I could never see out of the passenger so I removed it(I don't tow with it). You don't need it anyway for safety. Mirrors are cheap ~15 it's the arms that aren't so cheap.

Well thank you. I am looking forward to fixing it up. Its going to take time but im excited. Im really excited for the paint job. I think its going to turn out sweet.

Do you have the Q-jet turned backward or something else? I have a buddy that has a TBI 350 he is going to sell me for a good deal so i think i will eventually put that in.

I have had Pleasant Grove upholstery do some work for me before and so i think i am going there thanks for the recomendation though. I talked to him about it and i liked the way he wants to cut it down. He is going to unstitch it and use all the existing seams.

Do you order the mirrors on line or is there someone hear locally that has them?

Last edited:

webyepn

gone yeepn
So kinda a dumb question. But on the scrambler are most of the bolts standard or metric? On my Xj half of them where metric and half where standard. I am getting my Tool bag put together and wasn't sure what this had. Or is it the same as my XJ.

Sorry no photo's yet. My camera was full of christmas stuff. All have some in the next couple of days.

webyepn

gone yeepn
I will pull a tape for you and post the measurements.
The jury is still out on mine, it is uncut, you are still going to have a space behind the top.
Did you get the one off of KSL? it looked like a good deal.
I know some guys that put Q-jet carbs on backwards and they climbed real well.
I like the room of the full length except for the taildragging. It is nice to have the spare inside with the backseat installed.

I mesured my tub it was about 54". So i went to the upholstry shop and talked to them. They said it is easier to take it out then it is to add it. So i got a new top coming on Friday. :eek:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Hey everyone sorry it took me so long i finally got some pics took of the scrambler

Attachments

• P1300019.jpg
    P1300019.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P1300020.jpg
    P1300020.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P1300021.jpg
    P1300021.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1300022.jpg
    P1300022.jpg