We will use the term "build thread" loosely. Its kind of like the JK/JL stuff a lot of it is bolt on/remove/upgrade. :rofl:

As many know, I have moved to SXS's from the buggies. We loved the really hard stuff, but other than that they just got to be a bit more of a burden than we wanted. Trailering everywhere, a lot slower going to get to the trails, trying to find hard-to-come-by parts when stuff breaks, or the magical combination to make everything work, etc. Do I miss it? Absolutely! Would I get or build another? At some point yes, but I am in no hurry too.

The 2 seat Can Am RC was by far the best all around SXS I owned. However, with the wife and I starting a family, I knew I had to find a new option.We liked the 2 seater so much, we thought we would give the 4 seater a try. It was the longest SXS on the market, but we knew the platform, and loved everything else about it. I figured I would eventually get it up in the air more and we would be fine. Took it to Baja and had a blast! Great car for that. In May of last year, we went to Sand Hollow for the first time. It did not perform anywhere near what the old one did, and it wasn't length issues, it was pure driveability.

My dad let me take his KRX out, and we did Plan B. I had driven it before when I had my 2 seat Can Am, but just didn't love the more upright seating position. This time however, I really enjoyed it. The only complaint I had is it felt like the entire car and seating position was way way higher than my Can Ams (which it is, but it just felt like I was 15' in the air). The Can Am was a lot like my old buggy which was really low in the chassis, and more racked back. The KRX is more Jeep/truck seating. Going around No Right Turn/Squeeze/Pucker your Ass Together/whatever it is called on Plan B I just let it inch by. It was very uncomfortable going around that in the KRX versus the much lower Can Am that I would just cruise around like nothing.

After this experience, there was a rumor that Kawi was finally going to make/release the much anticipated 4 seater. I decided this was the route we wanted to go after having good experience with my dads machine.

When I got home, I called a couple dealerships and put a deposit on one. Two weeks later in the first week of June, they officially released in Sand Hollow. One dealer we were about mid pack on orders, the other we were first in line and actually $2000 cheaper after final pricing was announced so we went with them. Called them and told them which model we wanted, and they said anytime between July and November.

IMG-7290.jpg

On my dads birthday, Nov 15, the dealer called and said it was in. I walked over and picked it up and ran it back to work the 1/2 mile away and parked it inside while I went to get the truck and trailer after work.

IMG-7292.jpg

Coco

Did you need clutching or gearing to go from 32s to 37s?
On these you can go from the stock 32s to 35s with no clutch or gearing changes. When I jumped to 37s though, I sent my clutches to JBS Performance for his 15% clutch reduction mod and weights. I haven't tested it yet with the 37s, but did notice a difference on the 35s.