Collection agencies

OREGON85

from OREGON
I've had my cell phone for about 5 years and the whole time I keep getting calls from collection agencies. They were every few months but lately the are coming more and more frequently. I tell them I don't know the person they are calling for. The call over and over for about a week then they stop and a new agency starts a little while later. Anyone know how to make them stop once and for all?

If they weren't so rude when they call it wouldn't bother me as much. :mad:

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
I've had my cell phone for about 5 years and the whole time I keep getting calls from collection agencies. They were every few months but lately the are coming more and more frequently. I tell them I don't know the person they are calling for. The call over and over for about a week then they stop and a new agency starts a little while later. Anyone know how to make them stop once and for all?

If they weren't so rude when they call it wouldn't bother me as much. :mad:
Answer the phone and get all their info they're willing to give. Then tell them that under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are now asking them to no longer contact you in any way whatsoever. If they continue, hire an attorney and sue the crap out of them.

I was in collections from charges from my wife's credit cards being stolen. The card company erased the charges after I reported them stolen, but 18 months later the merchant put me into collections. I mentioned the Fair Credit Reporting Act, an attorney, and a few other things, and I never heard from them again.

Good luck!!!