Colorado meeting

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
THIS IS A SPECIAL BRC "PACK THE HOUSE" ALERT
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
Just a reminder about the Joint Oversight Field Hearing being held on "Logs in the Road: Eliminating Federal Red Tape and Excessive Litigation to Create Healthy Forests, Jobs and Abundant Water and Power Supplies" this coming Monday, May 14, 2012, at 9:00 am at the Montrose Elks Civil Building in Montrose, Colorado. (See previous alert)
Gary Wilkinson of Handlebar Motorsports has been invited to testify, and BRC's own Public Lands guy, Brian Hawthorne, will be there as well. So we are asking for anyone that can attend to help us pack the house and show your support for responsible recreation and access to public lands.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Brian Hawthorne Rick Foster
Public Lands Policy Director Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 102 208-237-1008 ext 107

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
9:00 am on Monday... wish they'd plan these meetings at a time when the average working Joe can attend them. I'd be there, otherwise.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
It is my opinion that these meetings are scheduled during the day with the express purpose of keeping working people out. Which means groups like SUWA are able to send paid employees. When I approached several government agencies about this they said it was done during THEIR working hours because it was less expensive. I believe that accommodations could be made but we need to let them know. Every time they have a day meeting we should, as I have, let them know our concerns.