Colorado4x4.org??

steven_mc

I know there's at least a few of you that spend time on Co4x4.org as well, anyone know what's going on with the site? Not sure if Eric forgot to pay the hosting bill or what, but seems crazy that a site should be down for more than a few hours let alone a couple days.... I'm going through withdrawals and being forced to surf the numerous other 4x4 forums out there!

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Still down... one upon a time I emailed Eric about buying CO4x4, at least it would stay up. ;) He never responded, which is fine with me after taking over another forum and having that go South.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Still down... one upon a time I emailed Eric about buying CO4x4, at least it would stay up. ;) He never responded, which is fine with me after taking over another forum and having that go South.

People just think you are some forum baron with a hidden agenda to make a billion dollars.

steven_mc

Lots of valuable information, build threads, and years of history on that site... If Eric isn't interested in properly maintaining it anymore he should sell it to someone that would. It's frustrating.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Lots of valuable information, build threads, and years of history on that site... If Eric isn't interested in properly maintaining it anymore he should sell it to someone that would. It's frustrating.

Instead of it being lost, I wonder if RME would archive it here? (assuming he doesn't want to keep it up and going?)

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin

Yeah, totally agree. It's not easy starting a forum from scratch, then maintaining it over years... I don't know how he feels about the site now, but keeping a site up when you've lost interest isn't easy.

Instead of it being lost, I wonder if RME would archive it here? (assuming he doesn't want to keep it up and going?)

Meh... it's easier (IMO) keeping different sites separate.

What was the other forum?

Planet4x4.net

It's a long story about how it turned out, but basically the founder was going to shut it down and tell his members to come here. We made a deal to keep it running and I bought it, but some of the guys that were helping out fought me from the start or did nothing and it went downhill, no support and I wasn't local, so that made the divide even worse. Over time, even though Herzog and I put a lot of time, effort & money into it, some members of the community weren't happy. I did my best to salvage it, almost sold it to a couple locals but it didn't work out. Ended up selling the site to the same company that bought Pirate and it's really gone downhill. All I wanted was to see the forum stay online and healthy, I know how much goes into getting a forum up & running.

idahoyj

Planet4x4.net ......almost sold it to a couple locals but it didn't work out. Ended up selling the site to the same company that bought Pirate and it's really gone downhill.

Planet was OK for a while after you sold it, but it is DEAD now. I think even the spammers, that ran unrestricted through there, have given up on it. I miss it's local (Idaho) connections. All the RME peeps are so far away! The "locals" started their own site, which never really took off. It's dead now too.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Planet was OK for a while after you sold it, but it is DEAD now. I think even the spammers, that ran unrestricted through there, have given up on it. I miss it's local (Idaho) connections. All the RME peeps are so far away! The "locals" started their own site, which never really took off. It's dead now too.

I was excited to help keep that site going and really hoped that the locals would keep it alive. But I get it, I guess in hindsight I'd feel weird about some out of state guys running a 'local' forum. I was hoping somebody would create a new grassroots community for the scene up there.