Comb Ridge/Butler Wash

DAA

I spent a few days camping and hiking by myself down in the Comb Ridge area last weekend. Took about a million pictures. Here about half a million of them :D.
IMG_8756W.JPG

IMG_8818W.JPG

IMG_8835_W.JPG

IMG_8872_W.JPG

IMG_8902_.JPG

IMG_8941W.JPG

IMG_8965W.JPG

IMG_8981_W.JPG

IMG_8999W.JPG

IMG_9038W.JPG

IMG_9039W.JPG

- DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Beautiful area I will for sure be adding this to the growing list of places to go this summer.

Great pics

On 9354 did you use a wide angle lens and any kind of filter?

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Amazing photos Dave, thanks for sharing!! I swear, every time you post a trip report, I get insanely jealous... you get out to some great places, quite often!

utah340six

ok dave great pic.
next ?
for us old farts.
how far did u have to hike to get to these sites.
how far drive from moab.
when is your next trip down there.
wife is teacher and she would love to go see this stuff.

DAA

These are all short to very short hikes - from less than 2 miles round trip to the longest I took on this trip was maybe 7 miles round trip. I took a lot of them though :D. Ended up hiking about 25 miles total on this trip.

About a hundred miles from Moab, give or take. Miles can add up fast in this country though. By the end of the trip when I stopped at Hite for fuel I had driven 320 miles since filling up in Blanding.

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I love that area. Roger took me down there for the first time last year. I would like to hike to some of those spots this year.

Awesome pictures!

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If I could ask few questions:

Why does Tripple S need to be on a leash?
How easy is it to set up that tent by yourself?

DAA

Why does Tripple S need to be on a leash?

Good question. I've only met him once but I thought he was very well behaved around strangers. Never once thought he looked like he was going to bite anyone.

How easy is it to set up that tent by yourself?

Very easy! Takes me five minutes. Little longer to take down, roll up and put away - ten minutes for that.

- DAA