concept fj cruiser

stallgie

everyday dude
toyota_fj_lead_425.jpg

this is toyotas concept fj cruiser. looks pretty sick. very futuristic. sucks that the top doesn't come off. those tires are a trip too :ugh: . probably has independant suspension. here's a link to the article i found.

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/nationa...overage/detroit/posted/coverage_01_07_04.tmpl

this is the new willy's jeep is gonna put out too. i wonder how capable either of these will be. :confused:

jeep_willys2.jpg

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I think it would be a smart decision by toyota as long as they design it right. Make it competition for the wrangler and not competition for the Escape. -_-

stallgie

everyday dude
sorry dude, i heard they were coming out with a new cruiser and thats all i could find. do you know much about the new production model?

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
i wish toyota would just make something with a solid axle, but i heard that the new cruiser was going to be competition for more so the escalade/h2 thing :rolleyes: not the wrangler

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SUPERFLY said:
i wish toyota would just make something with a solid axle, but i heard that the new cruiser was going to be competition for more so the escalade/h2 thing :rolleyes: not the wrangler

Outside the US... The LC105 series sports a 6 cyl turbo diesel and a SA front end... :D

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
why cant they ship that over here? would it be that hard? that would be so cool, there is also the bandeirante in brazil, have you seen the concept where they put the fj 45 body on the uzj100 frame?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SUPERFLY said:
why cant they ship that over here? would it be that hard? that would be so cool, there is also the bandeirante in brazil, have you seen the concept where they put the fj 45 body on the uzj100 frame?

Imprt laws... Toyota makes hundreds of spec vehicles that are not allowed in the US. If they did allow them, it would kill the American auto market... literally. The FJ45LV rig you speak of was built by Rob Mullen (sp?), gold color if I recall...

By the way, some newer Toyotas can be "legally" imported, but adding airbags, all DOT certs, bonds, etc can cost upward of $30k in addtion to the cost of the vehicle. There are some loopholes, but not widely discussed...

One thing to remember is the at alot of non-US rigs are RHD, and converting them is impraticle... You can legally drive a RHD in the US...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SUPERFLY said:
...bandeirante in brazil...

Not quite Toyota, they lease (or bought) the market rights to produce a LC bodied rig for Brazils domestic market, there are a couple of them in the US that have "made" there way across the borders... Some early ones actually had Mercedes oil burners, later ones had Toy powerplants as I recall...

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yeah, when I was over in Kosovo the UN had the quad cab tacoma's diesel with a SA kicked ass. Couldn't fit it in my foot locker to bring it home. :rofl: