control arm bushings axle end dana 30 ?

mattvw65

Has anyone replaced the axle end, rubber control arm bushings? How tough were they to remove and install? i want to re place them :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shouldn't be too hard. I've changed them out of RE contol arms plenty of times. The ones in the axle casting might be a little tougher.

I usually get a torch and heat up the metal sleeve in the center, then it usually just shoots out of the rubber really fast. It's kind of funny... Anyways, do that and then pry the burning rubber out of the outer sleeve. Then either pry the outer sleeve out, or if it wont budge cut it out with a sawzall or something.

Then BFH the new one in, and hope it goes in all the way, because you can't really set your axle housing up in a press...

:D

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Hey,
Those rubber control arm bushings are available from Rubicon Express for $10 (small) and $12(large). Go to www.rubiconexpress.com to confirm that, but that is less than half of what the jeep dealer wanted for them.

Oh yeah, good mention! I get all my replacement rubber bushings from Rubicon Express too. :)