Could I get an update on closed Moab areas?

kake

Hey, I know I am behind the times but I was going through some old pics and found this one of Lions Back and was wondering what areas are open/closed down there these days? My wife and I have been spawning like salmon and haven't made our annual Moab trip the last 3 years....or is it 4? Dang!

I work up on the Hill AFB and I get alot of active duty guys that would like to go down for the Easter Jeep Safari to take all of the fun events and sights in. Most of them don't have "rigs" and want to just check out the excitement of Potato Salad, Dump Bump, Lions Back, the parade, the offroad show, XRRA, etc.

So....what is still crapinin'? What's closed?Lions Back.jpg

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Everything that is not part of the BLM travel map is closed, as far as I know. Grab some maps from the BLM and avoid everything else.

Seems the open list is much shorter than the closed list these days.

Jared

Jesser04

Are you taking them? Do you have a rig? I think I will have a extra seat and if I do I would be more than happy to take one of them on a trail like hells revenge to really get an idea of what it's about. I would think I'm not the only one on here who is greatful for the service that would be willing to do the same?

kake

Are you taking them? Do you have a rig? I think I will have a extra seat and if I do I would be more than happy to take one of them on a trail like hells revenge to really get an idea of what it's about. I would think I'm not the only one on here who is greatful for the service that would be willing to do the same?

If I come across a single rider, I will pass your offer on....and thanks for that by the way.

My rig is still in the build up phase, so I can't take anyone, nor will I be making the trip this year due to a brand new baby.

I have introduced a few of them to the scene and belive me, most of them are just blown away by the scenery down there and what some of these rigs can do. The Active Duty folk are a simple breed, just put a cold beer in their hand and they can have a good time anywhere.

They work hard and get frustrated alot with this area (Utah) for no other reason than it is not "home". So, I try and throw out ideas for stuff they can do around here so they can fall in love with this state as I have. Pound for pound it is hard to beat.

Mabye we'll have to put a program together--Wheel a Vet! However, it might turn into Wheel a Drunk Vet!

Last edited:

TiGuy

Wheel a Vet...drunk or otherwise!

I'm a noob on this site but I will have an open seat from 4/6 - 4/10 for EJS and out at BFE later in the week if any vets want to scare the crap out of themselves (and me too!)

Thanks to all of our Armed Services!