Coyote Canyon!!

R

rockdog

Just scored a permit to run Coyote Canyon on the tenth of April!!! Yeee Haaaww! It's probably been six years or more since we have been in there. Life is good!!

Bart

Congrats. It's been a couple years since our last run through there. Ready to get back there, hopefully this year.

Coco

Every nice! That is one I really want to run again! I havent ran it since March 28th, 2008. I remember we were able to get a couple DD Jeeps through it then, man that was a good time, and good memories!

R

rockdog

How do you go about getting permits??
Go to the BLM site for Moab. There is a page for coyote canyon. When on there it says date calendar. Click on that and a calender will come up and show what dates are filled and which ones are open. Then give Jodie at the Moab BLM office a call and she will email you a permit form. Fill it out then fax it or email it back to her. They have to sign off on it and give you permission to take your group in on that day. Almost all the dates are full for the spring. Saturday the 11th of April is still open. If you have never done this trail and have a semi built rig, you need to. It is a hoot.

Bart

It reminds me more of the trails in Montrose, big boulders like Jeff said, and technical lines, but one after another, after another. Very cool trail.

R

rockdog

I agree with Bart. Very much like Montrose trails. Big boulders-Big fun :)

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
Hands down my favorite trail to date (ran it last Oct) I love how it's just constant obstacles. Going to try to run it once a year.

amp713

Maybe next year i will get some friends together and run it! Most of my friends who actually have built rigs have them tore apart for big builds right now....