Crows

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If you are just looking for something to shoot I can hook you up this spring with some rock chucks, they have taken over the side of one of my dad's fields in Cache Valley. The rock chucks are definitely a pest and hurting crop production. Something like a 22 or 17hmr, a bipod, and a bucket of bullets would be ideal.
I want in on that.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
If you are just looking for something to shoot I can hook you up this spring with some rock chucks, they have taken over the side of one of my dad's fields in Cache Valley. The rock chucks are definitely a pest and hurting crop production. Something like a 22 or 17hmr, a bipod, and a bucket of bullets would be ideal.
<---- This guy wants in :D

Spring RME outing!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'll let you know, last year it looked like someone had been running a mower on the side of the field, I probably saw about 50-100 of them, I don't know I would recommend a 30-06, there are a few houses across the slough and one by where you park so I'd recommend something that keeps the noise levels down. All the houses are over 300 yards and you are shooting away from them but I still get nervous about complaints.

DAA

Supporting Member
I've seen some awfully severe crop circles from 'chucks before. I shot a soy bean field for a guy one time that the damage was just incredible - almost would not have believed it if I had not seen it. Crop circles is the best way I can describe it. Looked like mowers on pivots had been running all along the far edge of that field. Me and a partner killed over 200 'chucks in one day there. Which is pretty incredible. But what makes it totally amazing, is we only moved one time all day. Started in the morning and killed over 100 of them from one spot, without moving (we were killing them from 150 to 700 yards away). The shooting finally tapered off and we moved to the other end of the same field and killed about a hundred more.

They can do extensive damage, that is for sure.

- DAA