Cruiseroutfitters Fire!!

chadschoon

I think I saw this on the news yesterday morning. Said a propane heater ignited the fire. They also mentioned about $100,000 in damages. Not sure if it was Kurt's though. Sorry to hear Kurt. Anything we can do just say.

Bart

Would love to come help with the rebuild. Will do whatever I can to assist. Good luck Kurt and let us know.

sixstringsteve

A BBQ fundraiser? oh the irony :p

Oops, I wrote that wrong. The BBQ isn't part of the fundraiser. I was offering to cook up a BBQ because I know workers like to eat, and hopefully it'll get more people out (although I know TONS of people will come, food or no food).

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Talked to Kurt earlier today just to let him know I was making myself available when he could use me--- Also that he's waiting on insurance folks before he can really get in there and move much around... and that he had a lot of his personal tools and stuff in there, as well as inventory. :( And that he has not had much of an urge to be online right now, which I think we all understand. He was thankful for all the offers of help and support.

So I'd say we'll all hear from Kurt soon enough, and in the meantime, we all know where to find him. I'm gonna call him tomorrow and see where he's at, but I am totally down to go over and help clean, pack, rebuild, scrub smoky walls, whatever he needs, as many of us are. :D

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thank you, thank you and thank you. Its encouraging to hear from so many with words of hope and the many offers to help have been overwhelming and humbling to say the least. Its a great loss but I'm optimistic that things will bounce back with time. We are in the process of dealing with the insurance company now, from there we pick up the peices and rebuild. I'd like to think of it as a mere hurdle that life has dealt me. Again thanks for all the generous offers of support and encouraging calls and messages, its made dealing with this so much easier for both my wife and I. I'm still working as usual, I spent all day today doing my best to get caught up on emails, voicemails and shipping out all the orders I could, I'll continue to do so all next week and beyond. Moving forward as best I can. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So are you able to live in your place?

Absolutely. Thankfully the fire was 100% contained to my back garage. While I did have some company inventory in the shop the majority of the stuff damaged/destroyed was my personal gear. Camping gear, tools, welder, plasma, torches, tires, spare parts bags and bins for my Cruiser and truck. We had been collecting parts for a resto on Candace's FJ45 for quite some time, sadly many of the rare parts for that were likely destroyed include lots of 'new old stock' parts that I had acquired for it over the past few years. Its just stuff and stuff can be replaced. While little of it had much 'sentimental' value, its still tough looking at the remnants of it knowing the hard work that went into acquiring them.

Thanks again for the support everyone, I can't wait to call this a distant memory. :-\

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Absolutely. Thankfully the fire was 100% contained to my back garage. While I did have some company inventory in the shop the majority of the stuff damaged/destroyed was my personal gear. Camping gear, tools, welder, plasma, torches, tires, spare parts bags and bins for my Cruiser and truck. We had been collecting parts for a resto on Candace's FJ45 for quite some time, sadly many of the rare parts for that were likely destroyed include lots of 'new old stock' parts that I had acquired for it over the past few years. Its just stuff and stuff can be replaced. While little of it had much 'sentimental' value, its still tough looking at the remnants of it knowing the hard work that went into acquiring them.

Thanks again for the support everyone, I can't wait to call this a distant memory. :-\

Crapola, I remember you showing me the FJ45 in the back and how excited you were to get going on it. With my upcoming wedding I may be getting some new camping gear as gifts and will likely have some perfectly good extras I will need to find a home for.

Coco

I hadn't yet purchased my front axle rebuild kit, but I am planning on doing so when your ready. And I am like everyone else, ready and willing to help when the time comes. Keep us all informed, and keep your head up :)

ON LIVE CRUISER OUTFITTERS!!!